2 Votes / 9.09%
I like pie.
5 Votes / 22.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
Texture Price Appraisal
IDEA!

Why don't we appraise textures as to put fair market prices for them eh?

We'd be doing the community a service (overpriced, underqualitied sets) and help ourselves with seriously needed critiquing...

Frankly I've been seeing a large amount of overhyped textures out in the market recently. I'm OK with padding market prices for profit (mobster side) but I also believe in getting what I pay for.

I've been selling stuff for WAY below market prices (10k for full sets back in the day.. and I charged people 8k if they find the tags too cheap)

But forcing that would be unfair to you guys.. All I'm saying is that we give sets we make a reasonable price based on the quality... and not our reputation. BUT if the customer is willing to part ways with exorbitant amounts of TC, at least give them something of equal value.

So, what you say?

Also, I think we could appraise other people's sets as well if you don't mind.

(Outside people are VERY welcome to comment on this btw)
Last edited by avwave; Mar 28, 2009 at 04:09 AM.
people pay what they want to pay, people charge what they want to charge.

Sorry to use this example, but if people want to pay 150K for a DarkJak head, rather than 20K for a head, then let them.

People have more tc nowdays, and are willing to spend a lot more, personally i tend to give away stuff or sell it dirt cheap, but meh, thats just me, some people love working the money and reinvesting and merchanting, like Jak or Hector.

I don't, so I dont need tc.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
Sorry to use this example, but if people want to pay 150K for a DarkJak head, rather than 20K for a head, then let them.

People pay what they pay because they don't know any better. I've seen sub 10k heads go for 50k, just because the buyer didn't know what they COULD have gotten for 50k.

If TTM 'appraised' heads, it would be more of a PSA than anything else.

However, if I'd fly with Hanz0, we could post on sales that people requested an appraisal for with an official "TTM has appraised this head at: xxxxx.xx TC"...

That's invading their sale thread a little though, so maybe it'd be better to open an appraisal shop? Like, you see a head you want to buy, you send 100tc to the TTM and we appraise the head for you?

Just throwing thoughts out there.
I really dont see how we can appraise heads, You may look at a head and say "Oh thats just a brush spam and a gradient, 1k at max", another person may look at it and say "Wow thats really well thought out and executed, 20k".

I would asume we arent doing this for requested heads, because people request some retarded stuff; "Yeah i want ecto and vampire, and i want it a robot with lots of eyes and i want it with pharos and noxious ice." then wonder why it looks like shite, despite it being exactly what they requested
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
dunno about you guys, but higher prices dont necessarily mean better sets
if i like the concept and have the time, id make the sets for almost nothing

Originally Posted by Novitech View Post
That's invading their sale thread a little though, so maybe it'd be better to open an appraisal shop? Like, you see a head you want to buy, you send 100tc to the TTM and we appraise the head for you?

Texture mob appraisal room
i like it.
sticky? or sub section with debates in private?
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
dunno about you guys, but higher prices dont necessarily mean better sets

And that proves the retardation of the Market right now.

EDIT:
Oh shi- I didn't notice the I like pie option. *facepalm*
Last edited by joonveen; Mar 28, 2009 at 11:54 AM.
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
Texture mob appraisal room
i like it.
sticky? or sub section with debates in private?

How about a thread in the art/textures subforum of the market?

"[Service] TTM Texture Appraisals - Don't pay more than you have to!"

?
Novitech, that was what I was thinking. a lot of people are getting screwed over and they dont realize it =D