Ranking
Original Post
splatter house
As with the original Splatterhouse titles, gameplay appears to be combat oriented with Rick fighting various monsters in either hand-to-hand combat or with makeshift weapons, such as wooden planks and meat cleavers. The combat system is advanced and extremely brutal, (while wearing the Terror mask) Rick will be able to attack his enemies with super strength and literally rip them apart! He will also be able to chain attacks together into devestating combos.

Based on screenshots, apparently Rick can be dismembered, but is able to grow his lost limbs back over time

According to the June 2008 issue of EGM, the plot is as follows:

The story is a retelling of the original's, but with some new twists. Dr. West, a character mentioned in the original game, is now the teacher of Rick and Jennifer. West becomes the antagonist and sends monsters (Known as the "Corrupted") to kidnap Jennifer and fatally wound Rick, who finds the Mask and dons it. The plot also now involves portals that spawn the creatures appearing across the world (these elements being pulled from the 2nd and 3rd game).

Rick's character has been re-imagined since his appearance in the original game, contrary to his Jason Voorhees-inspired design in the original title he is now a hulking version of himself, which is very similar to his super form from the 3rd game.

The terror mask has also changed in design as it no longer resembles a hockey mask, but retains its skull-like design from Splatterhouse 3.
Mutant Rick

Damaged Mutant Rick

this game looks like game of the year material

now what do you guys think?
Ishi4admin Wh-ORMO
I think I might like this. I read an article in the GamePro magazine.

You can actually dismember enemies, and use their limbs as weapons ;)

You are completely dismember-able, but you can also lose chunks of your flesh.
Fonzie be with you.