Ranking
Original Post
How are Toribash bets calculated?
How are Toribash bets calculated given that there isn't a /house

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
I could be totally wrong but this is how I remember it.

Each bettor's wager is calculated as a ratio of the total bets on each fighter. Then the winnings are disbursed from the total of wagers on the loser, using those ratios.

Say for example there are four bettors:

Bettor A bets 500tc on Tori
Bettor B bets 1500tc on Tori
Bettor C bets 750 on Uke
Bettor D bets 750 on Uke

(2000 on Tori, 1500 on Uke)

Bettor A's wager accounts for 25% of bets on Tori, and Bettor B's wager accounts for 75%. If Tori wins, Bettor A will receive 25% of the wagers placed on Uke and Bettor B will receive 75%. In this scenario since 1500 was bet on Uke, Bettor A would receive 375tc (plus his or her original wager back of course) and Bettor B would receive 1125TC.

However, if Uke wins, Bettors C and D will each receive 1000TC--since both of their bets are equal in ratio, and bets on Tori totaled 2000tc.

Further, note that the maximum earnings for an individual bettor caps out at five times the amount the user bet. I.e. if I bet 1000 TC, the most I can get back is 4000 (plus my original 1000), regardless of my wager ratio.

I have no clue how it works with /house, though.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Originally Posted by box View Post

Each bettor's wager is calculated as a ratio of the total bets on each fighter. Then the winnings are disbursed from the total of wagers on the loser, using those ratios.

Bettor C bets 750 on Uke
Bettor D bets 750 on Uke

Bettor A's wager accounts for 25% of bets on Tori, and Bettor B's wager accounts for 75%. If Tori wins, Bettor A will receive 25% of the wagers placed on Uke and Bettor B will receive 75%. In this scenario since 1500 was bet on Uke, Bettor A would receive 375tc (plus his or her original wager back of course) and Bettor B would receive 1125TC.

However, if Uke wins, Bettors C and D will each receive 1000TC--since both of their bets are equal in ratio, and bets on Tori totaled 2000tc.

Further, note that the maximum earnings for an individual bettor caps out at five times the amount the user bet. I.e. if I bet 1000 TC, the most I can get back is 4000 (plus my original 1000), regardless of my wager ratio.

if I'm not mistaken /house is just a commission for the server owner, usually set at 10%. I think the server owner gets 10% of whatever tc is lost in that round.
Originally Posted by pranit View Post
if I'm not mistaken /house is just a commission for the server owner, usually set at 10%. I think the server owner gets 10% of whatever tc is lost in that round.

That’s exactly how it is. Whoever has house gets 10% of all lost tc. Alsooo the winner of the match gets a percentage as well.
I THINK house gets 10% and winner gets 10%

remaining gets divided between those who won their bets, depending of the % their bet was.

If I was able to have one wish, it would be to live closer to my one true love Fred, his beard tastes so nice.
He is also a far superior tk player.
LegGang
Originally Posted by Chirox View Post
What happens with the extra tc if the 5 times ratio is exceeded?

They get sunk
Signature
Originally Posted by box View Post

Bettor C bets 750 on Uke
Bettor D bets 750 on Uke

THIS IS EXACTLY HOW BETS WORK!
https://forum.toribash.com/showthrea...=317900&page=4
Last edited by Faux; Mar 14, 2022 at 07:24 PM.
[dog] Is and always will be my favorite clan