Toribash
Original Post
when did the toxicity come?
hey, returning player here. i picked up the game again recently and i've noticed nearly everyone on matchmaking shows extremely toxic behavior. stuff like saying gg because they won one or two games, calling you trash for no reason, saying things like "thanks for the rank" or complaining about how you're a lucky noob or some other john to protect their ego when they lose.

this isn't exactly new, but this is a different kind of toxic. anybody got a reason or know where this came from? i have my suspicions but im not about to make a debate thread
I mean you sort of referenced why in your own question. You're playing match-made ranking, something that was never in Toribash until the last year or so.
<Diamond> I gotta say I think you're wonderful, stay that way. Or be more wonderful if you wish.
I've noticed toxicity becoming too common recently as well, kinda drove me off of multiplayer. I do believe it's the whole competitive focus of recent toribash instead of being creative, since all the older players have left or are barely clinging on, the toxic players are more prominent now.
Last edited by Lucy; Dec 5, 2017 at 07:30 AM.
|Evil|
I don't exist
:/ Steam players I don't know. But I haven't said gg in like 5 years bc games come and go. You can always mute the chat. These new players do have some off the wall convos that are hilarious though
#INIT2WINIT
I notice it from allot of newer players, whenever I go into brown belt servers. No one really says gg anymore, and if they do it feels fake. So many people don't respect that you're playing another living human being online anymore. Many of the older players I meet are mature and actually really nice to hang out with. I guess the newer players being toxic could just be a lack of proper parenting on their part
Tell me why there are bad people and that will answer your question :^)

You need to add spice to your life :^)

<font face=&quot>https://imgur.com/iq1bSjp</font>
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Increased toxicity is an apparent issue but in no way is it Toribash specific. Look at any multiplayer game today, and you will see exactly the same trend. Internet evolves, people evolve. Toribash is not a closed community so as a result we will see the same trends in Toribash as we see in any other popular game or internet in general.