Toribash
Original Post
Stupidity of free art threads
hello there, i was wondering why there is no restriction against ppl who just give old high class heads for free so destroy their value.
i think that we can all agree that the douche has every right to do what he wants with his bought head so giving it for free is allowed.

now the thing is, when i buy a game for example for 50USD and give it for free to a friend its no problem right?
So what makes the problem?
-the problem is, that the guy who gives those heads for free is like any douche who captures a movie in theatres and publishes it on e.g. -snip-
or the guy who uploads a game with crack on rapidshare...
making many things out of 1 thing.(dublicating)
we should look at those textures or textures in general like at a painting. you can't give it to everyone at the same time.

IMO (dont spam hate me or something) this should not be tolerated because it is dublicating one Picture. if someone bought a picasso for 100mil, he can do whatever he wants?

IMO giving it for free is and should be allowed but just to one person. not to allow everyone to get it. thats dublicating and in most parts in reallife illegal.

any other opinions?
what do you think ?
i think like jusmi and some others said "its disgusting"
Last edited by Arctic; Jun 23, 2016 at 05:56 PM. Reason: nope
0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
You debunked your entire complaint by yourself

If you sell a product to someone else, you forfeit all rights to said product, it's how basic trade works.

Also printing is a thing with real art and it's not illegal, it allows many people to buy the same artwork for less, while the artist making just as much money.

Really your only argument is "muh feelings" and "muh expression" which I can respect to some degree, but at the end of the day it's just a head texture.
oxisudofrenohypoglycemolicodin
You trade the rights of the texture... but you shouldn't be allowed to dublicate them
A print of the Mona Lisa isn't the mona lisa... it's either a Plagiate or just a print.
Don't you understand what I mean? I know that the difference to guys who upload games you can download is, that they earn money for it. But this is still illegal..

I just wanted to state my opinion since this is not the first time some douche came to the idea to be a "superhero"
-----
You know... you can't buy a chronos force and give it for free to 300ppl... just to give an example
Last edited by tyler112; Jun 23, 2016 at 12:32 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I honestly don't see the problem. You artists over charge for said heads anyway.

I have been thinking about buying high quality heads and just giving them away.

There are beginners who wish they could look as good as the pros and who is to say that they cant.
firstly over charge is not up to the artists.... if some people think a head that is in the showcase from 2010 is worth 140k, he will find someone to pay that price.
when i was a beginner my biggest goal was to afford textures and being able to buy those stuff.
now ive reached it and i feel good that i made it here, but you are saying thats a bad thing.
imagine you start to play WoW and have the best equipment right from the beginning, what is your purpose then?
you need goals to keep the game alive for you, giving them everything free is just incorrect. also there are hundreds of different free heads by big artists around there. you dont need to make valuable or really old heads free to be "generous"
It's not like people haven't done this type of thing before but i understand why artists are so rustled by this.
Since it's not like we have much a active art community we wouldn't want to drive more away with this problem but then again if some random wants to buy your art for a unreasonable price and give it away for free why can't he
It would actually raised the price of the artists work since there will be less heads by him.
I can't see artists saying don't put my work up for free as a real fix to this situation because dead artists would still have no say on their work and down the line it will likely be forgotten but really it's not like you don't know who's going to but it up for free there aren't may people who are willing to waste money. This situation will probably just die soon anyway
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
Idk what you are complaining about. Artists get their tc and the buyer gets their freedom. Since when does a restaurant owner have the right to prevent you from sharing your food?

That's life. Deal with it B-)
-----
Mona Lisa is an ugly painting. #NameBrand
Last edited by FruitCandy; Jun 23, 2016 at 01:46 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
1. The movie analogy is flat out wrong because the issue with piracy of movies is that the creator no longer gets money, so it is theft. The artist stops getting money after the first sale, its not at all the same.

2. The only valid criticism is, is it an insult to the artist? Hes making the value of the head 0 so does that make it an insult? He labels the heads as legendary and has paid a premium to obtain them, so obviously he values them highly and knows the value of the head is not 0, it is an act of generousity and should be treated as such, I dont think anyone thinks the quality of art is any less - so no it is not an insult.

I dont see the issue with it or why its so contraversial
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
Originally Posted by Pimp View Post
It's not like people haven't done this type of thing before but i understand why artists are so rustled by this.
Since it's not like we have much a active art community we wouldn't want to drive more away with this problem but then again if some random wants to buy your art for a unreasonable price and give it away for free why can't he
It would actually raised the price of the artists work since there will be less heads by him.
I can't see artists saying don't put my work up for free as a real fix to this situation because dead artists would still have no say on their work and down the line it will likely be forgotten but really it's not like you don't know who's going to but it up for free there aren't may people who are willing to waste money. This situation will probably just die soon anyway

i dont know if the worth of someones works would raise, if the best heads are free to use anyway. i think the art shops will die and the artist comunity too.
look at some artists, pj13 wouldnt probably sell heads nowadays anymore because why should they? maybe they make free heads or maybe they are not as butthurt as i am, but i dont think that anything good can happen when those good heads get free... its just a matter of time till ferrocks monster set or an aveance or vermine set will be free to use and it hurts me. its disrespect to the artists and will drive the artist community to death. jusmi, 13chillz, clockwork, pheature etc. , how many works have you seen from them lately, besides events? i know it is also because they just dont need tc and dont think they need to or something like that, but its still sad to see.

Originally Posted by FruitCandy View Post
Idk what you are complaining about. Artists get their tc and the buyer gets their freedom. Since when does a restaurant owner have the right to prevent you from sharing your food?

That's life. Deal with it B-)
-----
Mona Lisa is an ugly painting. #NameBrand

no matter if its an ugly painting, it cant be redone by the artist. hes dead.
if you share your food its completely different, you give someone a piece of the cake but if somebody uses a headtexture you use too even if you bought it he is not allowed to because he doesnt own it.
i might not have a right to complain since everybody here seems to be happy that somebody sets the value of very old heads to 0, but it doesnt seem to be right. do you know what i mean? even if the prev owner got a lot of tc, its worth is gone for ever and nobody will have fun with those heads like you would have if you saved your tc for a long time to get it.

Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
1. The movie analogy is flat out wrong because the issue with piracy of movies is that the creator no longer gets money, so it is theft. The artist stops getting money after the first sale, its not at all the same.

2. The only valid criticism is, is it an insult to the artist? Hes making the value of the head 0 so does that make it an insult? He labels the heads as legendary and has paid a premium to obtain them, so obviously he values them highly and knows the value of the head is not 0, it is an act of generousity and should be treated as such, I dont think anyone thinks the quality of art is any less - so no it is not an insult.

I dont see the issue with it or why its so contraversial

1. i can agree with that, didnt think that through.
2.i dont think he knows the value of it, did firebolty or jire ever think "i got tons of tc, why dont i just give my inventory for free? i know how value this shit is but why not?" i know its something different with items but still counts IMO. just because you pay a good price doesnt mean you know their value.
we can argue about the value of textures... its always about how much is someone willing to pay to set a value, but non the less for free and for everybody kills the art community. (at least for me, as mentioned at pimps reply)
there are different aspects why this is not right...
its not just that the artist is insulted but the art community gets killed.
with items you can haggle and buy anytime but at the art section your inventory is about textures, if you kill those textures there is less worth in the art section, so at some time there wont be an active art community anymore.

(sorry for my bad english)
So... its like giving a hoe for everyone to try? the people will be happy, but she wont? kappa?

those great heads got devalued : <

I think its the artist's name that sells the head.
Last edited by P4P4Z0LA; Jun 23, 2016 at 04:17 PM.
3698 PM me if you want to see a secret.