Toribash
Original Post
Album Of The Year 2015
Hello everyone, it's your local guardian of Off Topic and green boy, Moonshake. I have made this thread after hearing all the hot buzz now that 2015 has ended, and I was listening to music when my mind made this enigmatic connection that resulted in me making this thread. Anyway, what do you, as a music listener, consider to be the best album that came out in 2015?

I'll give my top five:

1. Napalm Death - Apex Predator/Easy Meat
This album was pretty good for listening while riding my bike 10 miles a day, so I listened to it a lot

2. Death Grips - Jenny Death
I probably won't listen to Death Grips much in the future

3. Panopticon - Autumn Eternal
Really solid stuff like usual

4. Mgła - Exercises in Futility
This was pretty solid too

5. Oneohtrix Point Never - Garden of Delete
Nice loops and bleeps from 0pn

Anyway that's mine and I hope to see more of everyone elses picks. Toodles!
i honestly didnt listen to many albums from last year

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - 'Asunder, Sweet and Other Distress'
Varg - Star Alliance
Bjork - Vulnicura

are the only ones that come to mind. no particular order
oh yeah
I was taken back by S:t Ephraim male choir's Orientale Lumen II, which is now one of my favorite albums.
Nämïdäë and corpo-mente's s/t were pretty cool. Still sounds very original.
Paper mache dream balloon was incredibly solid.

Ghola - There is nothing and Söngvar elds og óreiðu were my favorite metal releases, although I think I would love Autumn Eternal too.

I enjoyed The Necks - Vertigo a great deal. The other jazz albums (the few that i've heard) have been very disappointing

Curious of what people here think about Timbre - Sun & Moon. For me it was really boring until the second half. I'll have to give it another listen before I make up my mind.

I liked If he dies by jerusalem in my heart, but it got kind of ruined by the electronics. Imaii Kazuo - blood did electronic combo a lot better.

Still some stuff I haven't checked out. Panopticon - Autumn Eternal, that ambitious folk album (cover art was white with some black decorations) that I can't remember the name of, and Korekyojinn - Tundra, which lied about being a 2015 release 8(
Last edited by Lazors; Jan 5, 2016 at 11:07 PM.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
milo - So the Flies don't come
FKA twigs - M3LL155X
bryson tiller - TRAPSOUL

everything else I listened to wasn't that good this year
teeth marks on my goosebumps, the chains frostbit me.
Månegarm - Månegarm, an absolutely amazing Swedish metal album, lyrically and instrumentally, in my opinion.
One of the only albums I find myself coming back to over and over.
PM me with any and all questions
2015 was mad disappointing after how incredible 2014 was, but there were still a few albums I really enjoyed.

Cherubs - 2 ynfynyty

The Bad Light - Temples

Pusga - Hellfire

Dan Deacon - Gliss Riffer

Battles - La Di Da Di

Hopefully 2016 will have more interesting stuff to offer, or at the least I'll find the cool stuff from 2015 that I might have missed.

Special mentions to that Meta Meta EP and HUJO for being the thing I've probably listened to the most this year
Last edited by VIDEOGAMES; Jan 11, 2016 at 01:31 AM.
oh yeah
Lil Ugly Mane - Oblivion Access
Denzel Curry - 32 Zel / Planet Shrooms
Pouya - South Side Slugs
Rae Sremmurd - Sremmlife
TBAP - My boy Kendrick
Everything everything - get to heaven
death grips - powers that b
Clarence clarity - no now
oxisudofrenohypoglycemolicodin