Toribash
Original Post
I'd like to learn about cars
I don't really have anyone in my life to teach me about this kind of stuff and if really like to learn. If anyone has done references I can look into, preferably books, that'd be great. I'd like to start with some general stuff like all the different parts and what they do and work my way into more and more specifics. So yeah give me some references I can look into
Tree
Originally Posted by Tree View Post
I don't really have anyone in my life to teach me about this kind of stuff and if really like to learn. If anyone has done references I can look into, preferably books, that'd be great. I'd like to start with some general stuff like all the different parts and what they do and work my way into more and more specifics. So yeah give me some references I can look into

If you're still in high school / college, try to look for a local ag program. They teach everything from small engines to how to build a car.
I'm in high school. My school doesn't have many options since due to it being very small, with only 255 students from 6-12. long story short there are no ag courses dealing with automobiles at my school
Tree
I'd suggest to start reading simple books about automobiles and then go deeper and more technically (if you want to). I also found a nice site which could help teach you some mechanisms of a car: http://www.howacarworks.com/.
Hope this could help
I'm only cleaning here..
find broken car, try to figure out what's wrong with it, use internet for help..
then look up how to fix it, and fix it.. and rinse and repeat. this way you get
first-hand experience, which is the way my brother was learning, and he
ended up learning a lot of things like this.
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.