Ranking
Original Post
Wacom Tablet
so i want to buy a wacom tablet to make my life easier on photoshop and stuff... so i checked Wacoms website and i see all these different versions. I dont know which one to get; Which one should i get?

also sorry if i posted this in the wrong thread.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Bambo: entry level
Intuos: pro level (though now they have Intuos & Intuos pro, so I guess Intuos is semi-pro lol)
Cinq: rich as fuck level

I recommend looking for a second hand one because they can be really expensive. For the price of a bamboo of decent size you could get a second hand intuos 4 large or something. Also IMO don't spend extra to get touch, personally I would never use it, and when you are using a tablet you don't want your finger to touch the surface and register (I'm sure they have settings to disable that though).

There are also other brands like Huion and... I forget the names, but lots of use the same digitizers and they are basically fine to use.

Just look at this: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Huion-H61...cAAOSwhcJWKIs9
It's basically an intuos large clone, but at a fraction of the price.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
i want something that acts like a mouse and i can use for photoshop
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
They actually changed the naming scheme. Now Intuos stands for bamboo level and Intuos Pro is what Intuos used to stand for (Bamboo now stands for tablet stylus's for things like the iPad... Also upon googling what the funk is Intuos Art and Intuos Draw, I think that's the third time they've changed their naming scheme in the last year or two).

Generally speaking most people recommend Intous pen and touch as a starter. As the name implies it features touch which is nice, and that's also the lowest model that comes with an eraser (Which, while you might not use for drawing, is very nice when using the tablet just to browse the web). Those cost around 70-75USD on sale and ~90 off sale. Higher end models like the Intous Pro features pen tilt sensitivity but considering the price range it'd be better to start out with the cheaper model and upgrade after you know you really need/want it (I use the cheaper Intuos model myself).

Also apparently they've changed their lineup again. So consider everything I said valid for a year ago. Might want to research those Intous Draw/Art tablets. They seem to be available for less than or exactly at 100USD which is what I'd recommend aiming for with your first tablet (Really would recommend waiting for a sale or buying used like Pig says).
(>^_^)>
I have the Bamboo Splash Tablet.

Bamboo Splash Tablet:Reference
I like this tablet, I've learned to work with it well, I've had it for about a year and a half. The tablet I have has 2 modes, Pen Mode and mouse mode. It has 2 buttons on the stylus which you can assign to anything. pencil tool/erase tool for example, or Pencil/undo. Its on the cheaper end, but in the end you get what you want, a drawing tablet with basic tools.
Cost: about 70$ USD

Bamboo Capture Tablet: Reference
The Capture tablet has more tools, It's about the same size as the splash Wacom tablet but with more capabilities, such as a scroll, zoom, rotate, and swipe ability. I'd say if you have a bigger budget go for the Bamboo Capture
Cost: about 100$ USD

Bamboo Create Tablet: Reference
This tablet is pretty much the "Ideal" It's got everything the Capture has, but more drawing space on the actual tablet itself. This is for people who are ritualistic artists, who love to draw because they can. I wouldn't recommend it to people who don't draw that often because it's costly and it would be better to save some money getting one of the cheaper ones.
Cost: 120-150$ USD

tl;dr:
IF you draw ALOT, Get the Wacom Bamboo Create tablet. If you don't take art too extremely get the Wacom Bamboo Capture tablet. This is what i recommend, but it's ultimately up to you to find what suits your likes, and budget the best.

I'd say you'd get the best results if you go to a store that has them on display and try them out.
Yeah i think i should go to a store sometime and check them out

Ill leave this thread open incase someone can tell me what i need to get.
also i want pen pressure to be a thing on it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
All of the drawing tablets I mentioned have pressure sensitivity.
here's the image i used for reference:
They're organized from

Left (Least expensive) <----------------------------> (Most expensive) Right

Last edited by Polybius; Nov 21, 2015 at 07:34 AM.
Intuos looks like what i need... :c
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
Intuos looks like what i need... :c

Since they come in different tablet sizes:
Large: 415$ USD
Medium: 230$ USD
Small: 80$ USD

The large one is expensive as balls! Just hope you get it for Christmas! I wish you luck for it! :P
Check out second hand, these things don't really wear out and IMO still fine.

I picked up an Intuos 4 Wireless 5 years or so ago, it only cost me $150 instead of the $600 or so they were new. Came with a full set of nibs too.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff