Ranking
Original Post
Cpu and Gpu problem
I have a question about what I should do about my Cpu and gpu.

I had orignally planned to go with an i7 6700k and a gigabyte g1 gaming geforce gtx 980, but I recently found out that the i5 6600k is about $120-$130 cheaper and that could allow me to try and get a tier 2 980 ti (gigabyte g1 gaming 980 ti).

I was wondering which one I could go with.

P.S. I can get into some OC because I have a decent cpu cooler (Noctua nh-d15) and I have about 5 case fans so I feel I have pretty damn good airflow
Last edited by Kyuri; Nov 28, 2015 at 05:04 AM.
shitpost god
8 - 6 never forget
Originally Posted by Kyure View Post
i7 is unneeded for gaming, so go ahead and get the 6600k and the 980ti.

thanks for the reply. I won't really need all that graphics power since I am playing on a 1080p or 2k monitor (i forgot) but i like the overkill.
shitpost god
8 - 6 never forget
The 6600k is a good match for the 980Ti, your original 6700k with 980 was fairly CPU tilted lol.
Last edited by ImmortalPig; Nov 20, 2015 at 03:14 AM.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Well what do you know, me, Kyure & Immortal actually all agree on something :P Yes I would also take the 980 Ti. What games will you be playing?
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
Originally Posted by ZENBOY123 View Post
Well what do you know, me, Kyure & Immortal actually all agree on something :P Yes I would also take the 980 Ti. What games will you be playing?

mainly just fallout 4, toribash, tf2, overwatch, battleborn, and dark souls
shitpost god
8 - 6 never forget
Originally Posted by Kyuri View Post
mainly just fallout 4, toribash, tf2, overwatch, battleborn, and dark souls

Yep, a 980ti should be perfect for the games you want. Are you interested in models, or do you have your eye on one already?
Yep, a 980ti should be perfect for the games you want. Are you interested in models, or do you have your eye on one already?

mainly this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127902
Just because it matches my build and is the best price

but if you do have any cheaper i'm open to all.
shitpost god
8 - 6 never forget
Originally Posted by Kyuri View Post
mainly this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127902
Just because it matches my build and is the best price

but if you do have any cheaper i'm open to all.

Honestly, I tend to recommend the cheapest the model (depending on clock/amount of VRAM of course), but also take into account customer support and warranty length.

I personally recommend Gigabyte cards, since they have a great warranty program and customer support.
Honestly, I tend to recommend the cheapest the model (depending on clock/amount of VRAM of course), but also take into account customer support and warranty length.

I personally recommend Gigabyte cards, since they have a great warranty program and customer support.

I've had msi products before and I had a good experience with their customer support. I had a question about something that was not working and they got back to me in less than 12 hours and I fixed it.
I would rather prefer a G1 Gaming 980 ti but it's been just a bit more expensive and I'm trying to save as much money as possible
shitpost god
8 - 6 never forget