Toribash
Original Post
Glock 19 VS Colt 1911
Pros and Cons? Which should I buy? Don't just say "The Glock!" or "Duh, the Colt", you have to explain why. I know the Glock is very popular for "grab & shoot" without safety stuffs but in your eyes is that effective or risky? And the Colt 1911 is literally from 1911 so it is a rather old gun. As soon as I get of legal age and get a gun license I'll need to buy one or both.
Last edited by Merc; Jun 16, 2015 at 11:25 AM.
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
nevermind about this being closed
Last edited by Moonshake; Jun 16, 2015 at 11:25 AM.

Discord: bicycleforrats
<[Obey]Quest> yall needa tap into my telegram on gad
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Cardholder
Glocks are very safe, they have internal safeties and trigger safeties - cops in my country carry glock 19s in condition 0 without incident. Personally I think 9mm doesn't have much stopping power, plus glocks are kind of boring. On the other hand 1911s are cool guns 45 ACP is a big cartridge (even with around the same energy).

I'd pick 1911 because carry is not legal here so I may as well pick the gun that's more fun. If you are picking for carry then 1911 is not a good choice, it's pretty big lol. If you decide on the 1911, try find one with some history behind it. Considering the relationship between your country and USA, you might be able to find something nice.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Yeah I'm looking for carry also looking for Efficiency in Use rather than Funnest and Wow Factor
-----
Also ImmortalPig do you know everything? XDDDD Do you happen to know anything about Cars?
Last edited by Merc; Jun 25, 2015 at 11:34 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
This really depends on what you want to use the gun for.

For instance my .22 Ruger with Fluted Barrel is fantastic fun for going to the range and counting up bulls eyes, but I would never carry it for self defense as it has crappy stopping power.

The 1911 shoots like a hand cannon, and if you're into feeling like Dirty Harry that's your gun. Personally I find the recoil on that gun excessive and it throws off my accuracy. The glock is more pragmatic, police often carry them, and I have a glock 9 for defense.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!