Toribash
Original Post
Admin Application??
Hello, I just wanted to know if there was any place on here where i could apply for an admin spot, I really like helping people out and making a better community would be my number one goal.
i don't think you can apply to admin.. you just work your way up.
admins are the top of the top, it's like applying for Hitler.. one does
not just apply to be Hitler, one needs to become Hitler. then he is Hitler.
There are people who ruin the atmosphere just by existing, you know.
perhaps applying to be a gm/lmod would be a better move, since becoming an admin just like that is a big step. either way send your application to whomever is in the correct position, so if you're applying for admin, send it to a bright red name (admins), pale blue/teal name (gms) etcetera, good luck.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
Admin positions are given to staff who have done an exceedingly amazing job, and contribute to the community greatly.

If you mean admin by simply staff, you can PM Ryan With an Application for Gamemaster, or Local Moderator. Or, you can PM Gynx for Clan Council.
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
ok thank you guys for letting me know so where exactly do i apply for staff then or the lowest it can go to work my way up?
-----
oh sorry Hydra didnt see what you said right amove me haha LMAO
Last edited by wolving; May 9, 2015 at 01:15 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by ghoul View Post
i don't think you can apply to admin.. you just work your way up.
admins are the top of the top, it's like applying for Hitler.. one does
not just apply to be Hitler, one needs to become Hitler. then he is Hitler.

hello i would like to apply for hitler please
QUACK
Originally Posted by wolving View Post
ok thank you guys for letting me know so where exactly do i apply for staff then or the lowest it can go to work my way up?

Lowest will be Local moderator, which is really really low on the staff scale as you don't really have that much responsibility. Next would be clan council and item forgers (purple names), followed by market squad (green names) Gamemasters (teal names) and clan mods (black names) on a pretty equal spectrum. Then its smods (blue names) followed by admins (red name). Admins are then followed by ninjas which are then followed by game developpers and potentially a few other things in between.

If you are hunting for a staff position (which isn't a mentally which is going to get you a position), I strongly suggest you look at what sphere of Toribash you're the most active in and try to find a position which fits your activity the most.

Examples:
- Forum activity: Local mod in a board you are active in (easy-ish)
- Clan activity: Clan council (average)
- Art/3D modelling: Item forgers (this is a special staff branch and so I really can't tell how hard it is to enter...)
- Market activity: Market squad (pretty hard)
- Ingame activity: Gamemaster (pretty hard)

Listed above are the logical first steps you should take if you want to join the staff. Either one of them is achievable (I got Gamemaster on my first attempt without any prior staff position history). Tips: Join IRC (#support and #toribash). If you don't know what IRC is, look it up. Work towards getting known in one toribash sphere + IRC for at least 1-2 months before applying. Act like an adult and be kind. Don't get involved in reports/scam cases. Have a good history. Don't act like you are looking for a staff position. Don't keep trying to ask staff. Make a good and lengthy app (not too long though).

Once you've applied, don't ask about your app.

Once you have filled of the above staff positions (shown in examples above) the logical step is to work hard and either try and get another staff position or become an important figure in the branch you've chosen.

Once you feel confident, you can go ahead and apply for smod. Note that the easiest way to get smod is either becoming a local moderator in a bunch of boards, becoming market squad or becoming clan mod. Gamemaster and Item forgers have it a bit harder because their positions don't revolve around forum activity and experience is usually one of the criterias looked at during recruitment.

Once you're smod, you work your hardest until you become an even more important member of the Toribash community. You might then get promoted to admin.

As you can see, it takes a while to get to admin, and it doesn't really revolve around you applying (as others have mentionned) and it's definitely not for everyone. It's also not a good idea to have a stepping stone mentality for a job you are applying for as getting promoted/getting other staff positions takes a while and takes a bit of luck. Basically, don't aim for admin at any point until you have been an smod for a while.

And before you ask, exceptions do exist. It is possible to jump from market squad or gamemaster to admin, but that is incredibly rare.
Last edited by Liquidoom; May 9, 2015 at 04:18 AM.
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
as far as i know, admins are usually people who lead each group
ryan - gms (every gm lead i've ever seen is admin. shin-ryuu/erth)
gynx - clan mods

etc
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Originally Posted by Liquidoom View Post
Admins are then followed by ninjas which are then followed by game developpers and potentially a few other things in between.

Devs aren't part of the administration hierarchy. Being a developer doesn't grant any forum authority.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
Devs aren't part of the administration hierarchy. Being a developer doesn't grant any forum authority.

he is 100% correct
i only get a pretty colored name :3
I still take texture requests for usd