Toribash
Original Post
fnugget buys a computer and is lazy
I know builders hate Dell, but hear me out

$750 for xps8700
i7 4790 3.6ghz, 12gb ddr3 1600, 1TB HDD, gtx745.

Decent deal nowadays? I plan to add 2x 1 TB drives and put it into RAID5. I might be buying in a few hours, so respond quick!
Sure, go for it.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
If it's coming prebuilt why would he build it himself when the only benefit is that it's cheaper? Same price AND you need to build it yourself.

I'd say go for it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Bought. Thanks box, toxic, neko.

I think Gradeger meant that i use the money to buy a better computer by building it. I understand the benefits of it, not being limited to Dells propietary parts and compatibality issues with upgrades, but for me, it's not worthwhile. I'm not upgrading parts here and there every two years, I'll be using this till it's broke. Just like the last one. The only thing I'd save after 7 years and pretty much needing to upgrade eeeeeverything, is a dirty old case. Building might be greatly beneficial to you, but for more casual gamer and just needing a good computer, I'm fine with prebuilt.
Grats on your purchase, I'm responding after the fact but I thought I may aswell for future reference.

Prices for parts listed is around 300 + 100 + 50 + 100 = $550. Plus PSU, mobo and case (guaranteed they are using the cheapest ones they can get away with). Personally I think having a CPU that costs 3x as much as the GPU (even the ram cost about the same as the GPU) is not good. This is clearly not a computer built for gaming, it's for spreadsheets (actually at an office I work at they have similar computers which they literally use for spreadsheets). I'm not very confident in that GPU, but GPU are easily upgraded so you shouldn't have much trouble even if you need it...

For a similar price I would have dropped back on the CPU, added an SSD, used a more powerful GPU and a more stable PSU/mobo and upgraded the CPU heatsink.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
ImmortalPig: noted. I had a Q6600 and Radeon hd 2400 before. There was only 2 or 3 games i felt i really missed out on experiencing well (magicka, sots2) because of specs. This will surely cover my gaming needs.

At the least, I've heard PSU isn't hard to replace for this set up (surely needed for better GPU), but GPU compatability will be tricky. In any case, graphicswise, I'd be much happier jumping back on messing with apophysis and terragen than playing. I don't think I have time for TB videos though.
Ahh fuck FNugget i knew i forgot to do something i was ment to send you this

http://www.ebuyer.com/662337-zoostor...p-pc-7260-3017

cheaper even when putting in your own gfx card but its a mid range even without a gfx card apparently
CkyToH/GuineaTigg Active from Mar 2008 - Jan 2019