Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Sparring. ...help pls...
So, I want to start sparring. I've seen so many people sparing, and I don't even know what to do. I know it's like, fighting to make it look cool, and communicate on what you're going to do. But I don't even know the half of it.

Could someone explain please? And maybe some tips? Thanks.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
As a 6th dan black belt, I'm sure you know how to punch/kick.

Just plan out what you're gonna do!

ie:

You and your partner is running towards each other.

When you're a few feet away, it's time to plan on what to do.
Say you want to kick him.
"I will kick you, can you dodge/block?"

Do the kick, try to miss or something. Do NOT push your partner away if the kick hits, relaxing knee/hips when the kick connects helps.

Try to stabilize by going in to a horse-stance or whatever looks good after every encounter, and plan anew again!

I'd suggest you go and just find another person to spar with.

It'll come naturally!

Good luck!
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hello!
If you wanna spar, you have to know what to do.
I suggest you practice punching and kicking (on -30 gravity of course)
If you don't know any special tricks, check out the Toribash Tricktionary
Personally, Parkouring helped me a lot with balancing and doing flips etc.
One important thing about sparring/parkouring is fluidity.
Your tori always has to look smooth and not robotic while sparring.
Sometimes you have to relax a few of your joints to make a trick or kick etc. fluid.

As Swepples said, plan out everything you're going to do. For instance, if you and your partner are running at each other tell him what you are going to do for the best replay.
I personally recommend an opener(I left a simple one below) because running at each other is too simple xD
Never do the same moves over and over because then, it gets boring. When you end your spar, just do a K.O or stance with your partner.
Just keep sparring and practicing in single/multi-player and if you want, I can help you just contact me in PM or on Skype(ihachem24)

Also you can check out Mocucha's sparring tutorial
Attached Files
2ez.rpl (38.1 KB, 2 views)
Last edited by Hachem24; Mar 11, 2015 at 01:50 PM.
I agree with Swepples after awhile of practice it just comes naturally. So I guess one of the tips I can give you is practice!
[14:08] <@ego> uncreative fuck R.I.P TL;DR
[14:08] <GoldenRox> That's me all right \(o_o/)
Mocucha has a sparring video, I've sparred may people who have no clue what they Are doing, I tell them to watch the video and they know much more next time I spar with them. Just go in youtube and search toribash spar tutorial. Should be there.
(Origin)
Hm... Alright. I think I understand this now. I'll take all your advice and see what I can make do. This helped a lot. Thanks you guys! I'll check out the videos and try it out myself . Gonna close this now.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."