Ranking
Original Post
How do you run on special surfaces?
Hey guys.

So ive been getting into parkour lately, and do well most of the time. I can run just fine on the standard white ground, but my tori flips backwards when running on created objects in mods, such as raised platforms. I use a normal running launcher, contract hips and abs, relax wrist, pecs, and shoulders, and contract elbows, then i do the standard motion with your legs.

This method does not work on created surfaces though. This is what i look like when trying to run: . meanwhile i see swexx and largekilla like . I was wondering if someone could post a replay of them running on these surfaces so i can memorize the launcher, or if you could maybe post the joint movements as well as frames between each move. I would like the run to look flowy, realistic looking run, if possible, however, if anyone has a standard, primarily hold based run that focuses on functionality, that would be fine, too.

I would appreciate any help you can give me

TimeItself
Broken pencils are pointless.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZHvd0ks7Es
The problem is that in parkour replays, people usually improvise their own runs to match the surfaces. This is why you can see them being able to get into a running position again after rolling or something

I'd suggest you learn how balancing and running works instead of following a standard run that you use all the time. In your case, if your tori is flipping backwards, try to lean forward more or make smaller steps
I do some videos
Feel free to PM me for any video-related questions
Yeah, what Datskip said.

The youtube run is just to show the concept of running in toribash, i.e moving your hips back and forth, that's it. You should work more to improvise the situation than following preset methods.

"I was wondering if someone could post a replay of them running on these surfaces so i can memorize the launcher"

This is definitely NOT going to work.

Here's a tip which I think is the key to running:

1. Start a run
2. Continue as far as you can until you start to lose control/fall down
3. Allow yourself to fall down
4. Watch the replay
5. Go to the part where you start to fall down, or where you feel the run is going wrong
Example in your case, the part where you notice that your body starts to tilt backwards.
6. Examine what went wrong
7. press E and fix it, try to use your knowledge of physics and see what could be done to prevent the mistake.
Example: You notice that you stepped too far infront, edit it back before you made that mistake, but this time, try to step at the right time.

The most important, difficult, and fun step is #7.
But the feeling you get when you discover how to rectify a run is worth it.
Parkour like you've never seen before:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=423045