Toribash
Original Post
How to host a successful tourney?
Me and my buddy want to host a tourney. The prize would be 10k but how do we host a successful one where a lot of people will join?
Bringer of Hell
Try to pick a time where there are 350+ people.
Try to make it when there is no other tourney/bets server going on.
Global it.
h
I'm a vip if you ever need to global, also try to have a nice fun time when you host, don't go overboard though. Make sure you have 2 hours to spare to host it.
Originally Posted by woof View Post
I'm a vip if you ever need to global, also try to have a nice fun time when you host, don't go overboard though. Make sure you have 2 hours to spare to host it.

Yeah I'm thinking of hosting it this weekend when I have the whole day off.
Bringer of Hell
but dont host one now, only 349 people ingame
:^)

btw, make good global text, people wont join if it's only '' hi /jo tourneyseihareach 10k ok welcome ''

Apathetic User
Nothing worse than a shitty hoster; know what you're doing.
Make sure you know the commands, don't go too overboard on the mutes and kicks.

Just in all honesty, pay attention to the chat, and respond to their questions/concerns

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

Make sure your prizes are nice, ive given away things like flames and 3d items in my tournaments people love it.

Also make sure you set a mod that the noobiest guy in the server could win at, thats what makes tournies fun.
Oldschooler | Evolution
Spars
Good rules. Good mod. Good setup IE: Turn knockout mode on. Good prizes. Enthuseasum. Be envolved. Do your best! Never give up! You have to like it and appreciate it. That will get you a good tourney.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.