Toribash
Original Post
Gaming Laptops
ok my laptop died so i need a new one. So far I have 3 ideas

Razer Blade
Asus G750
Custom made from cyberpowerpc.co.uk

In terms of value for money which laptop is the best? Or are there any good laptops that you can recommend?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Don't even think about the Razer Blade. It's an overpriced, weak laptop which overheats on every given minute. Pls no.

The Asus G750 looks solid. No idea about the price though. If it's within your budget, sure why not.

In general I'd advise against a laptop if you are looking for performance. For the price of that Asus G750 you can easily get a high-end gaming PC. On the other hand, if you prefer having a laptop and you have no problem with paying more for it, that won't be a problem.
Tip, never buy alienware, I've heard more bad then good about them. If anything go for Asus, I use asus parts in my gaming pc and they hold up pretty damn well.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
I have an Asus X750JB, a cheaper variant of the G750. Real solid build, the metal plating below the keyboard helps a lot in heat management. The processor is the same in the two models and it has 8 logical threads. You can't really strain it to 100% with normal use. The Nvidia 740M can handle most newer games on medium settings, so I'm sure the 8xx cards those come with will be up for pretty much anything. Be sure to get a heat dissipation pad to put it on though, it increases longevity a great deal.
Good place to look how individual components will fare:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/

They even have FPS averages on different settings in popular games at each article's bottom.
Last edited by ynvaser; Jul 30, 2014 at 11:10 PM.
The Asus G750 is what i'm using right now. It's a beast.

It has a godly cooling system unlike most laptops and an easy-access maintenance port which means you won't accidentally void your warranty cleaning it.

As far as power is concerned, it's top of the line as far as laptops go. If you want a laptop, you aren't going to get much better.

As for the Razer Blade, it's really expensive and although it's powerful, i'd suggest that it isn't as well designed as the ROG.

Cyberpower makes plastic shite mainly. Them and Toshiba, don't be tempted.
It's best to buy a desktop rather than a gaming laptop since you will save 50%. But if you insist on getting a gaming laptop...

Don't get an ASUS, they have terrible build quality, QC and poor customer service.

Clevo metaboxes are probably the best right now.

Razorblade is ok, there's not really any others that do the same thing so if you are really in to that then there's no other choices.

Also since you obviously want a laptop to be portable, do not buy bigger than 14" because they are far too heavy to carry around.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
alienware
it gives more colours and it's better than any of what you can afford, for a relatively larger price.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sony Vaio for if you don't want to pay too much, can run skyrim on high with no problems.
dreamy suicide act
Originally Posted by snoresville View Post
alienware
it gives more colours and it's better than any of what you can afford, for a relatively larger price.

Literally don't give a shit about colours.

I'm still not sure, because I could repair my current laptop for not too expensive and just have that as my portable pc, then buy a gaming pc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu