Toribash
Original Post
Opinion on the word 'Noob'
I have been called noob alot, for having this name, or just a missclick ingame.

Myself, I think someone is 'noob' when they act like they now everything and say that they are super good, but they aren't!

What do you guys think is 'noob'?

PS: Please keep it clean
<frandavi>: You has the $w4g
Proud member of (VoC)!
The word 'Noob' from my point of view and i think this is what is it meaning, means that a player simply don't know to play the respective game, or he know but it play it like a noob. Example in this game lots of players are called noobs because they are using noob moves in some mods.
Noob = New player in one word.
simple.
but, people just use it without knowing what it means and think it means idiot etc
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
Noob is a player who thinks they are good at a game and refuses to take advice from other (better) players. Newbie means new player, not Noob.

The meaning of Noob I stated isn't an opinion, it's the actual meaning but a lot of the interent doesn't know that. Which is a shame because so many people use it in the wrong context.

Here is an example:

Ishi here is new to Toribash and has a hard time fighting, he doesn't mind being helped and takes advice from other players - Newbie
Ishi has been playing Toribash for years and thinks he is the best player. He doesn't accept any help or advice because he thinks he is that good even though he sucks - Noob
Last edited by Kradel; Jul 22, 2014 at 05:38 PM.
blue
pink
It's a completely subjective term. Personally, people use it to defend their own insecurities of not knowing whether or not they are themselves a noob.

It's a huge misunderstanding and an unnecessary insult, unless of course the statement is completely true and the white belt agrees with you in calling him a noob. But usually I hink if you use the spelling "newb" instead of "noob", it doesn't come out so irrational and rude.

That's just my thoughts on it.
In a way it's the same meaning as Newbie. The difference is that one of them is willing to learn and the other one isn't.
blue
pink
Noobs are cocky 10-year old fuckers not willing to pay attention at shit and keep thinking their youtube move is the ultimate tactic and that they're the only intelligent person who tohught of looking them up in youtube, they think they are super smart and we're a bunch of idiots.

New players are persons trying to play a pretty hard to learn game and are prone to fuck up, but will listen if you tell them something is not well seen among the community.
"Consumatum Est"
Originally Posted by Yurner0 View Post
Noobs are cocky 10-year old fuckers not willing to pay attention at shit and keep thinking their youtube move is the ultimate tactic and that they're the only intelligent person who tohught of looking them up in youtube, they think they are super smart and we're a bunch of idiots.

New players are persons trying to play a pretty hard to learn game and are prone to fuck up, but will listen if you tell them something is not well seen among the community.

I visited the public mushu tourneys today, whevener I beat someone there they said something along the lines of "Noob, Skeeter, Rusher, Runner", every single time I beat them. I don't understand why they look up a move on youtube, and every person who doesn't do a 360 backflip headkick is a "Noob".

People who call other people "Noobs" are referring to someone who uses superior tactics, when they expect them to be able to do youtube moves like themselves.
Originally Posted by Kradel View Post
In a way it's the same meaning as Newbie. The difference is that one of them is willing to learn and the other one isn't.

In my eyes, you're right. Whoever can accept themselves as a new player will be on the path to new knowledge and learning much quicker than someone who closes off all the criticism and thinks that they're the king from the get go.

It can be a helpful, yet always a fair bit derogatory.