Ranking
Original Post
NBA 2k14-15 (General discussion)
Really whats wrong with this game?

For those of you who are uniformed or just dont have google, its about basketball. NBA 2k14 has quite a few modes.

NBA Today (online mode)
MyCareer
MyTeam
MyGM
Blacktop

NBA Today
Just online mode, I never investigated it.

MyCareer
This mode is essentially a story mode, you create a character and progress to become a legend in the NBA going from rookie to your last year (12 seasons I believe.) While yes its brand new as apposed to the last game where you didnt get a have a story, but it wasnt quite done right.

Your career starts at going to the rookie showcase to see how you will be drafted, and you meet your rival Jackson Ellis (not a real player) He is always your position. You get into a fight with him upon meeting him and he becomes your rival.

Most of the time he gets drafted before you, and in the 2 times I made a mycareer file and outscored him by 20 points, I got drafted after him.

On a sidenote, the game has scripted events. This sounds good, but its awful in most cases. Back when I wasnt in the starting lineup for my team, we were demolishing the scoreboard, up 30 points. I went to the bench, and youre presented a dynamic goal, "Heres your time to shine. Shoot the game winning shot and win the game." IN THE START OF THE FOURTH, WERE UP 30, I GET BENCHED, AND IN 4 MINUTES THEY ARE UP 2. I missed the shot, and it made my teammate chemistry go way down.

With these scripted events I lost the rookie of the year award to Jackson fucking ellis. Its still possible to win the ROTY award, but if you dont make playoffs you wont win anything.

To make this part short(er):
Youll miss wide open layups to remain "realistic"
Your team will sag off on 3 point shooters to keep the game interesting (rubberbanding)
You get more VC than you did in the last one.

MyTeam
Create your own team with this mode, collect virtual cards to make your team and have them go against other players online or go against the CPU. The cards have a quality arrangement, Diamond,Gold,Silver,Bronze (greatest to least) Diamond cards are harder to get (cost more VC) than Gold and vice versa for the rest.

IMO this mode was made just to receive more money from the game *shrugs shoulders*

MyGM
Welcome to this mode with absolutely no redeemable qualities! The character you made with MyCareer can now be a General manager and manage his team to a finals trophy (if the manager actually has any role in the betterment of players)

You dont get vc from it anymore because it was abused and was easy to farm from in the beginning.

Final thoughts
I only buy these games to play MyCareer and Quick matches with my friends and family, but based upon the Mycareer here, im not getting NBA 2k15. It was just so bad in comparison to the MyCareer in 2k13 where you could drop 50 points cause you actually worked to be a good player. Now it feels like im not being rewarded for being good.

Buying 2k15? Not buying it? Experiences? Things wrong with my Post?
I love 2k14. Infact, I have all of the 2k's lol. What I think needs major focus on is MyTeam, after all, it's the money maker for the game. I also think a couple tweaks in the gameplay should be added. Warping, lock on blocks should be added, lower the sliders for 3 pointers, make the game a lot smoother. They should also give more attention to the current gen players too, I mean, I play it more in my ps3 than my ps4. We ever get an locker codes or anything in general. I'm just saying they need to focus more on gameplay and less on graphics, take away the park, and add Nba live 14's dribbling physics. I would also like to see updated rosters every trade, etc. for now that's all I think needs help...and Ofc the mycareer cutscenes. They need more voice acting and less of that awkward silence during a cutscene.
They should focus on gameplay, I guess. Sometimes I want to fake the jabstep and I end up pulling a horrible shot

its not horrible, but it needs improvement
Which is what I was saying, they should add nba live's dribbling mechanics. It'll make everything a lot easier. Basically this is how I think.

Nba Live gameplay + Nba2k graphics and gamemodes = perfect nba game.
NBA Live was way too buggy, EA cant be responsible for realistic sports games. I could get behind the dribbling though, 2k14's wasnt impressive
It's not really that crappy anymore. Since that update, the game feels a lot better. Plus there's a lot of things in live that aren't in 2k. In 2k you gotta deal with charge cheeses, 6'0 point guards grabbing rebounds over 7'0ers. I mean...it just makes the game , more arcade-y than an actual simulation game. There's also more of a chance of getting a corrupted file with 2k.

Infact, I have a corrupted ps3 because of it. Anytime I play a game mode besides blacktop, my ps3 will shut itself off and have a red light blink over and over. It's kinda frustrating thinking I spent over 15$ on myteam gold packs and I can't even use myteam that I bult up. Plus I have a 90 overall pg and a 80 overall sf. I would like to play mycareer too.