Ranking
Original Post
Games where the story is better than the gameplay
I've recently started playing games again recently, and I've noticed that the games that stand out to me the most are nearly always heavy on narrative. Besides Toribash and Smash Bros, about all I play anymore is games like this. I was wondering if you guys have any recommendations as to what I could play next, because right now I'm sort of in the process of re-immersing myself in the games community so I might be missing out on a lot of stuff (read: I probably don't know some popular stuff).

That being said, here are a few games that I've really liked recently, and will recommend to you:

Spec Ops: The Line - This is my favorite game, and is the reason I started gaming again. Just play this, seriously.

Kentucky Route Zero - I'm normally not into point-and-click games because I hate their puzzles, but this game is basically puzzle-less. Super good atmosphere to go with the mysterious story.

Gone Home - I liked what this game was trying to do more than the game itself, but if you gave me something similar to this I would still be super happy, because it was interesting at least.

The Stanley Parable - This game was clever as hell, and did a really good job at mixing humor with the things it had to say about game narrative.
Last edited by Larfen; Apr 22, 2014 at 10:22 PM.
[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~
I hear the Witcher series has more story then gameplay. I've never played it though.

The Stanley Parable is a superb game that I would recommend to anyone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Metro. All 2 of them. Glorious feels from anger to hate to pity to remorse to joy, so much story that I didn't expect from a fps. Seriously, while more gameplay than story due to the genre, it still had one of the best storylines and immersion of games I've played to date. And Last Light mixed gameplay with the story quite well with their morality system. Like holy shit, it's the morality system that games need, none of that stupid <pick evil> or <pick good> crap. Big choices can be legitimately gut-wrenching, and even the little things matter.

Other than that, the Witcher has a lot of story, but it's gamplay is kinda clunky. I've heard a lot about Dragon Age's story, several fangirls have been so kind as to rant over. And that's all I can think off the top of my head.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
by now days gameplay standards, both Dragon Age: Origins and The Witcher 2 gameplay is terribad.
although DA:O gameplay was ok when it was released.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-