Toribash
Original Post
Rip?
So when did this shit start and how? Everyone says "rip" when someone is about to lose a match. I know this is a relatively new thing because i've been playing since 2009(multiple accounts) and the first I heard of it was when i came back like a week ago and it is quite annoying I must say.
Originally Posted by Trocher3 View Post
around these day , not much people say rip around 2012-2013

That doesn't answer my question at all.
rest in piece
I at least hope you know what that means
Orko was probably the original one to make it a term since he used it quite a bit back in clan league or what ever when he used to play the song R.I.P by Two Chainz all the time ;o
But even before then it was quite common but it's commonly associated with a loss or just when you assume someone's going to lose.
And fuku ur uhnnoin fgt rip 4ever fgt
rip is love
rip is lyf
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~ raku ~ Team Girl Scouts ~ Clan League 2013 Champion ~ Duelist ~
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli
I know rip means rest in peace but idk how it pertains to toribash, and it's just overall annoying cause when you're about to lose and see everyone saying rip rip rip rip it pisses you off and makes you not focus on trying to save it
That's the point. Most people in toribash are derisive, and something that is short and easy to type, yet gets a lot of emotional response, will become desired. Rip is basically a quick, ironical outburst when all is lost, just to piss off the loser, just like the "easy save" comments. People love irony, and "resting in peace" is just a nice ironical icing on the cake that gets jammed in a loser's face. The whole point of the game is to keep your cool, and if you can get knocked so off-base by 3 letters, they're succeeding in getting under your skin.
endless around, infinite within. you step.
ripples
i remember the patrons of #hi used to say this all the time and still do
who knows who the original person to say that was what matters is now i need a new thing to say

also i used to say rekt all the time and now everyone says it wtf that was mine
teeth marks on my goosebumps, the chains frostbit me.