Toribash
Original Post
PS vs GIMP
Some people say that gimp is better than PS, is it so? If yes, then why?
Last edited by hampor; Apr 7, 2014 at 01:11 PM.
I find it harder to use because I used PS so long and I use all the hotkeys. I'm not even aware of what half the hotkeys are in gimp because they aren't listed on the keys like they are in PS.

I personally think PS is superior in every way except freedom.

I don't think anyone can claim GIMP is better in any way and back it up, unless it's just "thats how I feel".
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
I didnt use gimp or ps before toribash. Started with gimp i open PS its hard to me coz his interface too different from gimp's. PS stronger than GIMP its for sure. The biggest advantage of gimp is that is free and open source. But yes PS is better on this moment.
GIMP is a free soft. But GIMP don't have some function, that have the PS. Also PS is a powerful program, you know.

For me, I usually paint at SAI. But if I wanna edit a picture, add some CC or add textures and text, I use a PS. And I highly recommend this soft, 'cause it's really great program!
What you can do in GIMP you can do in PS
PS has some that you cant use in GIMP

GIMP is really easy to use than PS. I have them both but I usually use GIMP in most cases when I do GFX and stuff. Yeah PS is a very good program, if you know all the commands. If you are starting maybe go PS then try to use GIMP. You'll see the difference yourself.
hi
I personally don't make art but I have alot of painting programs which I don't use, I think PS is much better. I can only find half of what Im wanting to do with gimp, with PS I can really find everything.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp
Pros: Free, easy to use, has a lot of abilities photoshop has
Cons: Free for a reason, not as much capabilities, can't install more plugins (that I know of)
Photoshop
Pros: Get what you paid for, tons of capabilities, more effective tools, etc.
Cons: Costs $$$, not much different from Gimp, takes a lot of time to start up, hard to install