Toribash
Original Post
So I almost died today
Hey everyone, I'd just like to say, if you see a sign on a beach saying beware deadly rip currents, don't fucking ignore it. I literally avoided death by about 30 seconds because me and my 10 year old brother got caught in a current and we got drug underneath a pier and were getting pelted with 8 foot waves and smashed against the poles of the pier with razor sharp barnacles on it. I at one point even gave up and accepted death but then I was like fuck drowning I'm gonna live. Needless to say this scared the fuck out of me and wanted to let you guys know to heed to the warnings on beaches, don't fuck with them.
I'm not fucking with you, I never go near the ocean very much so I didn't know what a rip current even was. All that shit really happened I look like I got attacked by a lion
Dude I'm on hydrocodone for pain I prolly don't make sense. What happened was I said fuck drowning I'm gonna keep trying to stay above water and hang onto the pillar and a surfing dude ended up saving me a few seconds later, definitely near death experience
I GUESS THAT'S WHY THEY CALL EM' RIP CURRENTS
GET IT?
RIP FOR REST IN PEACE? AND THEY KILL YOU?
HAHAHA

Over a hundred people a year die as a result of not respecting the power of a rip current please always obey health and safety guidelines at the beach.
How to escape rip currents: swim perpendicular to the current.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Why was there a rip so close to shore? Well I guess it depends on where abouts you were against the peir though.

Anyway hope youre okay man, ive been stuck in one before but I didnt struggle too much, just stayed calm and a life guard came over on a jet ski.
people should like totally not go there if the sign says you know
BEWARE
DEADLY

you dont need to understand rip currents to know what these words mean
-----
and who builds a peir in an area with 8 foot waves jesus christ architects are getting stupid
Last edited by Appledong; Mar 29, 2014 at 07:50 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump