Toribash
Original Post
Moral Dilmena
TLR A wholesaler company in china sent you the wrong product you ordered 50 of which is $10 more per unit. So around a ~$500 error in your favor. Do you send it back or keep it? Maybe you keep it and demand they send the correct product? Are you that immoral??

Hey toribash. So say you were to buy wholesale 50 items from china. Each one is $1.8 and shipping was like $50 or so. You could sell them on ebay for like $8 a piece or so. Shipping would kill you if you sold them individually, but 2 or more together you'd get a decent profit. You've already researched before buying and there seems to be decent demand on ebay.

You wait a few days and your package comes. Prior to this you ordered a sample that included other stuff with the 50 items you ordered which is glass among other things. The sample from the other company came broken so you open this box half expecting it to be full of broken glass.

Instead what you see is a bunch of the wrong item! It's a box full so you assume 50, but later count it with Elaine(your chinawoman salesperson) and see it's only 46.

You talk with Elaine, whom is/was very sweet when you were buying them. Always calling you dear and being polite. When you told her to have a nice day after the order was finalized, she replied "My pleasure. Have a nice dream." You were kind of hoping they would just send you the correct goods and allow you to keep the errored ones as well.

Turns out, the goods sent to you are about $10 more per unit than the ones you ordered. Turns out you got someone else in the US's package, and they got yours. Turns out, Elaine's solution is for you and him to mail it to each other since shipping is cheaper if we're both in the US.

You really don't want to go to the post office and have to repack the box of shit. You kind of don't want to screw Elaine over because she seems nice. You kind of don't care because legaly you're ok with keeping it.

You're still discussing your options with her. What do you do?
I doubt you are legally ok with keeping it.

I would do as the seller suggests, but of course the seller should cover shipping costs. When I get something wrong I notify the seller and so long as the solution doesn't leave me out of pocket I'm fine with it.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
http://lifehacker.com/5969021/what-s...n-my-favor/all

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles...ed-merchandise

legally I can just keep it. I've offered to give them money after any sell and just pay it that way. That would be the most convenient way for me. And of course they're welcome to come here themselves and get it. Shipping things is a hassle. Also of note, they gave me that other customer's address without asking. I assume they did the same with mine. That's a breach of privacy imo...
Originally Posted by siku View Post
itt: isaac shows the whole forums that he's a piece of shit

I agree in a slightly less passionate way, just do the right thing Isaac. But mainly I just wanted to point out that it is cute as fuck that we have quotes from each other in our signatures.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Originally Posted by siku View Post
itt: isaac shows the whole forums that he's a piece of shit

Oh oops. Nevermind guys!