Toribash
Original Post
Taekkyon Dictionary
Hey forum

So Dargon and I are working on another tutorial thingy of some description but our inactive ass org isn't helping so I decided to open it up to the public a bit more.

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=433778

Just tell us if there's anything you'd like defining or whatever and we can do our best to clarify it
Any aspects of taekkyon you struggle with in particular?
Anything you found hard when you first started playing it?

As Dargon says in that thread, any concepts you'd like help with?

Note that neither of us are doing lessons or anything, this is a tutorial not a class
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
I would want to join the organization

Anyways .... add some cheesy words :3 mehehaheheheha

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
I'm very Tk noob, but since no one else is posting anything useful I might as well ramble on about a mod I don't play. Don't judge, is all I'm saying.

As I understand Tk, it's mainly about grabbing a joint and executing an attack from that position, so figuring out a naming system for the basic attacks could ease up strategic talk.

So, for example:
Name a few important grappling points. For example headgrb, footgrb, handgrb, chestgrb and groingrb.
After that, we name the striking joint that follows, Lpunch Rpunch Lkick and Rkick.
Lastly, we name the target for the strike. Head, chest, and groin.
Then we combine the three.

So the term for grabbing your opponents head and kicking his groin with your left foot would be headgrb Lpunch groin.
Now you just have to rename it to something more catchy and you're good to go.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
I'm very Tk noob, but since no one else is posting anything useful I might as well ramble on about a mod I don't play. Don't judge, is all I'm saying.

As I understand Tk, it's mainly about grabbing a joint and executing an attack from that position, so figuring out a naming system for the basic attacks could ease up strategic talk.

So, for example:
Name a few important grappling points. For example headgrb, footgrb, handgrb, chestgrb and groingrb.
After that, we name the striking joint that follows, Lpunch Rpunch Lkick and Rkick.
Lastly, we name the target for the strike. Head, chest, and groin.
Then we combine the three.

So the term for grabbing your opponents head and kicking his groin with your left foot would be headgrb Lpunch groin.
Now you just have to rename it to something more catchy and you're good to go.

There actually are terms for most of these things. We're just trying to collect all this info & knowledge to one place.

Because nothing is as fun as talking about same thing and then missunderstanding something due to "wrong" terms. :P
< Larfen> also my replay thread has more views than the rules thread \o/

...This probably explains most problems in this community.
Oh, really?
The only term i've ever heard in tk is snapkick. But like I said, i don't really play tk 6.6
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Oh yeah I can help with the art :0

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER