Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Programmin Tutorial
So I see shook made a game , and a guy making a game , I was like " why not try make a game ?"

I search google but it found nothing but only tutorial. So what is the best programming language let's say for...uh... Newbies?
What program I can use for it too ? And the tutorial link :3
Thanks for helping !
:D
As a beginner, you can try softwares like construct which do not require any programming knowledge.
Last edited by HolyButler; Oct 18, 2013 at 03:47 PM. Reason: typo
Buying/Selling heads by great artists? Shoot me a PM
If you're starting out I recommend gamemaker. You can use code blocks or you can use its own language to get the same effect which is good in the way it gives you insight into using a 'real language' to make games.
From there there are bigger game engine type things like Unity but I don't know much about that or you can get something like Python and install a game library like PyGame or try to build something using c# or whatever you want. Search around a bit.
you should begin by learning a proggraming language like c++ or java(there are thousands of languages)
you can make it with a engine that is already there like solax did
or you can make it from 0(which is hard)
there is really some easy making programs
the first one i started with is scratch it was kinda easy but cool
you can ask me what you want i know:java
c++
and android(which is based on java)
INB4 14 days ban
Firstly, do you want to learn to program or do you want to make a game? Because they are different things and there are different things that you need to do to do either.

You can make games from scratch easily. It's not harder to make something in Java or C than it is to make something in gamemaker or unity. But you will have different outcomes. Chris Sawyer wrote RCTC in assembly, and that's probably a better game than you could ever make in gamemaker.

For a beginner I think javascript, python and using pygame, or using gamemaker are the best ways to go. But there are a lot of simple options, like java and LWJGL. C isn't even very hard either, just use OpenGL and you can write pretty much whatever.

Originally Posted by scorpionma View Post
android(which is based on java)

Android uses java, it's not based on java, android isn't a language, android is an OS.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
i meant there android proggraming
which is java
just like lua
toribash uses lua
garrymod
but garrymod have diffrent commands than garrys mod
other than the main
INB4 14 days ban
Originally Posted by scorpionma View Post
i meant there android proggraming
which is java
just like lua
toribash uses lua
garrymod
but garrymod have diffrent commands than garrys mod
other than the main

Don't try to give people tips about something you know nothing about. At the very best you're just going to be confusing people.

In any case, you should be a bit more worried about your art and how easily you can make quality art for your game, as it takes the largest amount of time out of everything.
Hoss.
Well personally I find the most simple yet powerful programming language for me is javascript so try learning that. It's great for indie games but if you really want to get it into AAA stuff later on I suggest learning a language such as C# or C++ as they are closer to the actually game engine and computer specs.
<13chillz> Grab a crayon and go zoom zoom