Toribash
Original Post
Selfconfidence
Hello! At the moment i am studying to be youth and leasure instructor. At the same time i am working on to help this group of people to show up, i mean, they all got really bad selfconfidence and i am there to help them. But i am running out of ideas, i have been trying everything. Any ideas of how i could help them any more than i already have? Any exercises they could do to improve their selfconfidence?

Any help is much appreciated, at the end i am just a human.
Put them in groups, like 2-5 person in each group depending on the amount of people there have them them discuss a topic, or just random stuff
The reason why you put them in groups is because if you give them the freedom of being able to choose who they want to talk to, they won't have enough confidence to start a conversation with someone.

Show them a video of how someone would start a conversation
Thanks for the suggestion, leftnut ! I will try that in the next meeting. Topic could be "what did i do last summer" it is good topic imo, because then they can share their funniest moments, best moments, happiest moments etc. What do you think about this topic?
I like it!
Make sure everyone is talking and find the people that don't talk and try to pair them up next session, or maybe during the session depending on how long it is, because you don't want people sitting awkwardly for an hour.
Last edited by LeftNut; Oct 11, 2013 at 01:04 AM.
Although i shouldn't demand them to talk to people they don't know so well, right? My next meeting with them is on tuesday 7PM.
talking to random strangers is easier that talking to people they know they will like it when they will try because the worst thing that can happend is the stranger will walk away =DD
make them laugh.
Trying to get them to talk to strangers will never happen.
[TPO][OSG][ARA][Zero]
"and I have tons of friends" Deakster/Dickmaniac/Deak
I can tell, if they don't feel comfortable with the people around them because they're strangers then they wont want to initiate a conversation with them because they wont know what to say and how to handle them.
It's the story of my life being put into groups of people with low self confidence.
[TPO][OSG][ARA][Zero]
"and I have tons of friends" Deakster/Dickmaniac/Deak