Ranking
Original Post
Gimbal - Build your own spacecraft
GIMBAL
Gimbal is a spacecraft simulation game that focuses on designing your own personal ship and taking it out to spacecombat.
It actually reminded me a lot of Shook's game, but with more customising.
The "customisation" is entirely module-based. You can put shields, software, weapons, ... everywhere on your ship, so it's actual ship-building, not upgrading.
In fact, you start out with only a platform and even have to add stuff like thrusters & software to make your ship viable.
The game has a pretty amazing physics engine, so where you place your thrusters, weight division of your ship, ... is all gonna affect the speed and manoeuvrability of your ship.
Modules all have their own hitpoints. You get a nice little overview of your ship on the bottom right of the screen (see screenshots)

Links
Demo download link
Official site
Desura (some nice testimonials too)
WE MUST GET THIS GAME GREENLIT

PROS
- Fully customisable
- Great combat
- Many different modules
- MOVING PARTS! You can actually make some kind of transformer-like ships
- Pretty great graphics
- Physics
- Can run on low-end hardware
- THE DEMO HAS MULTIPLAYER AND ALLOWS YOU TO PLAY WITH FULL-VERSION USERS! Send me a PM if you want to play, I'll show you around.

CONS
- costs $15 for the full version, but even the demo is a lot of fun. Personally, I think it's worth the money.
- Not a lot of active players (No idea why, but we're gonna change that!)
- ...Aerodynamics in space?

The reason I put some effort in this is because I think it deserves more credit. I mean, it's a one-man operation. I expected this game to have loads of players, since there's so much replayability. I mean, the possibilities for ships are endless. You even have melee & stealth ships. When I discovered this game, I was really enthusiastic. I know it's niche gaming, but it's the best of its kind I ever encountered.

Enjoy some beautiful screenshots!

Last edited by Arglax; Sep 18, 2013 at 12:32 AM.
f=m*a syens
Graphics looks bad, is the gameplay worth it?
✦RIP -zzzkie, I'll miss you 2012-2015 #neverforget.✦
👼Proud owner and leader of [Ascend] with my brother, Nevramon👼
Check out my 🎧 FREE💃 sound request shop! - I have a lot of art (like, 45+ heads and a few sets) for sale! PM me for them!
Originally Posted by Rhaemondzzzkie View Post
Graphics looks bad, is the gameplay worth it?

Bad graphics? How could they be better?
It's a 2D top down shooter, I don't see how the graphics could be made better in that aspect.

Also, don't be lazy. Download the demo and find out yourself.
Last edited by Arglax; Sep 21, 2013 at 02:44 PM.
f=m*a syens