Ranking
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
Outlast (+DLC : Whistleblower)
So as a bunch of you horror fans might know, I strongly dislike horror games due to the fact that I hardly find any of them scary except for amnesia (oh boy a machine for pigs is coming in a week!).

However, this game proved to have potential that I rarely see in any horror game out there. The only negative side I see is that it might give you that chill/scare down your spine for the first couple hours if not less, then become bland and boring just like the other games of the genre.

But any game with this potential should be given a chance, so I just bought 2 minutes before I started typing this (it came out today).

Anyway enough babbling, let's get to the game.

All info in this thread has been taken from the wiki and the dev's website (Red barrel)

Story/intro

As I watched a 10 minute demo, I was pretty damn impressed with the graphics as well as the character interaction with the environment. The jump scares are rather predictable as like all other horror games, but the environmental horror is pretty neat (still not to the level of my all time favorite amne... you get it).
Still, I'm not to judge it until I actually play it myself, got high hopes for the first gameplay hours, afraid of boredom in the later hours (that's just me, I just don't find horror games scary), but again, can't judge before you try.

I'll keep you updated as I progress through the game when it finishes downloading, though no spoilers of course.

Last edited by EJM; Sep 4, 2013 at 09:52 PM.
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.