Toribash
Original Post
[Solved]Need Help with gimp
I tried to make an avatar with my tori in it kicking a soccer ball but magicwand wont work :/ How do i fix this. You can see how its broken in picture in spoiler.
If you can fix it for me i would be happy. But if you told me how to also I would be even happier

Picture

There's no way to fix it unless you post the original screenshot.

Use a greenscreen shader, or a shader with a solid flat color. Don't use white, since tori's joints are white, and the magic wand will select the background as well as tori's joints.
Originally Posted by Slycooper View Post
There's no way to fix it unless you post the original screenshot.

Use a greenscreen shader, or a shader with a solid flat color. Don't use white, since tori's joints are white, and the magic wand will select the background as well as tori's joints.

I dont know how to make a solid color shader that keeps toris white. Or is there already 1? Anyways here is the original screenshot.

Original

Utilize your free select tool to take your tori out of the white background (Magic Wand is incredibly unreliable except for non-shaded 2-D pictures.). Then paste it onto a transparent layer. Then you can add both the soccer ball and background by adding a transparent layer with your soccer ball and adding a background layer with your background. Good Luck and Keep Gimping
DAMN.
Originally Posted by Muur View Post
Utilize your free select tool to take your tori out of the white background (Magic Wand is incredibly unreliable except for non-shaded 2-D pictures.). Then paste it onto a transparent layer. Then you can add both the soccer ball and background by adding a transparent layer with your soccer ball and adding a background layer with your background. Good Luck and Keep Gimping

Yea um my only skills are coding and videos. I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DO WHATVER U JUST SAID
Oh sorry. I'll specify how to do it more! Find the lasso looking thing next to the Magic Wand. That is the free select tool. Remove tori from the white background in your picture by free selecting around it and then cutting him out. Then open a new image and under Advance options find fill with and change it from background color to transparent. Choose the size you want. Add the background photo of your choice. then add the tori you had cut out. Then go to the layer option and add new layer. Then add the soccer ball you want. Then you can merge the layers and then export your image, because .xfc is awful. Then you're done.
DAMN.

Here you are. Do as you will with this. I just did exactly as I did in my instructions.

EDIT: Although it looks like you already figured it out haha
Last edited by Muur; Sep 1, 2013 at 06:21 AM.
DAMN.