Ranking
Original Post
[solved]Discussion board. Redundant come here
Lets say someone posted something in the discussion board that was very well thought out and executed, informative, properly cited, just all around a good post.(sometimes hard to come by on that board) and I wanted to say "hey great post man" would I get infraction for not contributing to the thread?
Originally Posted by Jakeway View Post
Lets say someone posted something in the discussion board that was very well thought out and executed, informative, properly cited, just all around a good post.(sometimes hard to come by on that board) and I wanted to say "hey great post man" would I get infraction for not contributing to the thread?

I can't infract people, but common sense dictates that if you post something that ISN'T related to the discussion and/or doesn't DISCUSS anything, you're likely to end up with an infraction.

Rules for the board:

"B) Useless posting is not tolerated within Discussion, below is the criteria used for deeming a post useless:
The post holds no relevance to the topic being discussed.
The post lacks in enough structure or content to be considered a valid contribution to the topic.
The post lacks any degree of originality.
The post has derailing tendencies."
Any post not contributing to the discussion is beyond useless, it actively degrades the board. You can always PM the user, or make your own post explaining why you agree and confirm someone's opinion.

Meta discussion of any kind of not allowed.
Seeing as you are asking for my input, I agree with this.

Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Any post not contributing to the discussion is beyond useless, it actively degrades the board. You can always PM the user, or make your own post explaining why you agree and confirm someone's opinion.

Meta discussion of any kind of not allowed.

You could have sent me a PM about that question too. :P
and yes, I tend to infract or warn useless posts when I delete them. My decent fellow co-moderator Arglax sends you a PM when he deletes one of your posts and informs me if it's a repeat offense.
How are you?