Toribash
Original Post
Your top 3 retro games
Okay, so I've been messing around with some roms and dosbox lately and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I've been grinding through Ultima and I just finished all the castlevania games up to rondo of blood.

My Top 3 retro games right now would have to be

1. Shadowrun (Genesis)
2. Secret of mana (Nes)
3. Megaman X (Nes)

What retro games do you people like? Feel free top post over 3 titles if you want.
I turned off the light at the end of the tunnel.
1. Super mario bros (nes)
2. Duck hunt (nes + zapper pistol)
3 Battletoads (also nes)

but well, our family were rather poor, so i only had handful of games when i were kid
Depends what you consider retro. Nintendo Ds is 9 years old this year. :O

Not really retro but 'a bit older games' I love Zelda, links awakening, Older Pokemon game series' and Sid Meir's Civilization Revolution. The first one on Dos. Yeye.
Originally Posted by juha2200 View Post
1. Super mario bros (nes)
2. Duck hunt (nes + zapper pistol)
3 Battletoads (also nes)

but well, our family were rather poor, so i only had handful of games when i were kid

I'm gonna go try battletoads when I get the chance. I've heard that it's a pretty tough game to beat.
-----
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
Depends what you consider retro. Nintendo Ds is 9 years old this year. :O

Not really retro but 'a bit older games' I love Zelda, links awakening, Older Pokemon game series' and Sid Meir's Civilization Revolution. The first one on Dos. Yeye.

Omg, you're right about the Ds.
I would consider that retro.

I'm planning to get into the whole Zelda series. I played Ocarina a couple of times but I never got to finish it. I plan on starting from Zelda : A link to the past. I might check out that old Civ when I'm done with Wasteland and System Shock 1
Last edited by illv; Aug 20, 2013 at 09:49 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by illv View Post
I'm gonna go try battletoads when I get the chance. I've heard that it's a pretty tough game to beat.

it were not that hard alone, but oh god do not even think about playing it with friend
Rival Schools
All Old Army Men games
All Old MK games
Oh, and also Poy Poy and Azure Dreams :3
✦RIP -zzzkie, I'll miss you 2012-2015 #neverforget.✦
👼Proud owner and leader of [Ascend] with my brother, Nevramon👼
Check out my 🎧 FREE💃 sound request shop! - I have a lot of art (like, 45+ heads and a few sets) for sale! PM me for them!
Lol MK. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many assignments I failed to turn in because of that game
Originally Posted by illv View Post
Omg, you're right about the Ds.
I would consider that retro.

mother of god i feel old now

ANYWAYS, retro games, i applaud you for making this thread. c:

First and foremost, there's Doom 1&2. Many fun childhood hours spent IDKFA'ing and IDDQD'ing, and later on, many fun adolescent/young adult hours have been spent playing the game without cheating horribly. It's such a lovely and simple premise: DEMONS ARE INVADING, HERE ARE SOME GUNS, GO KICK THEIR COLLECTIVE ASSES BACK TO HELL AND FOLLOW THEM THERE SO YOU CAN KICK THEIR ASSES AGAIN. And as if that wasn't enough, there's this incredibly awesome mod called Brutal Doom, which takes Doom and MAKES IT MORE DOOM. It has to be played to be believed.

And, in the same vein as Doom, there's Quake (the first one). It has fewer enemies, but the individual enemies are usually more threatening than comparable mooks from Doom, so it can be at least as, if not more challenging at times. It also gets bonus points for its depiction of zombies, because you HAVE to splatter them to gibs for them to stay dead. Also, the bosses in the mission packs are fucking vicious.

Finally, as a third thing, Descent 2. Six glorious degrees of freedom, and some very satisfying gameplay indeed. Oh, and a totally badass soundtrack. It is, as with the former two games, more about shooting things than anything else. One potential minus is that many of the bosses are ABSURDLY dangerous, often able to kill you in a second or two if you think it's a good idea to face them directly. Special mention going to the final boss, which you can ONLY damage from behind, and will kill you in one solid hit WITH HOMING CLUSTER MEGA-ROCKETS.

Honourable mention here going to Radix: Beyond the Void (available for free on abandonia.com), which, although i haven't played in my childhood, was an absolute blast to play through recently. It's like Descent in many ways, except it doesn't seem to allow rolling, and it has a wholly different perspective on enemies. Instead of few reasonably dangerous ones, it throws an absolute shitload of weaker mooks at you (although later on, it throws an absolute shitload of DEADLY mooks at you), and basically urges you to fly right the fuck in and blow everything up. It's really quite fun, and also pretty challenging at times. If you decide to play though, REMEMBER TO QUICKSAVE ALL THE TIME. If you die without having saved, you get to restart the level without all your fancy new guns.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol