Toribash
Original Post
does playing w/o shaders help you win?
Whenever I see scam reports by other duelers, they all have shaders off (ugly graphics). So I wonder, does it really help you to win in a way?

Because me, myself, I have the fancy graphic settings and it gives me full 60fps.
All it does is remove lag from the matches. I don't duel but i play without shaders. That way they don't lag out and ping and lose their tc.

-----

Too many people these days who wouldn't return tc after a ping in the beginning of the duel.
since i can play with full 60fps with shaders, i would not mind about it.
so its probably what wolfe said.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
I don't see how it will help people play better. If I on shader, my fps will reach an astonishing 30, instead of 60(normal fps). Well, it cause a lot of lag for me. Hence I'll prefer not to use it in matches.
Ex-Gamemaster
Shoot me a PM if you have any queries!
You can die pretty or win ugly.

When I turn shaders on, my FPS drops from 60 to 20. I want to have my computer run as quickly as possible when I'm playing for a win. I have 2 hand flames, but I /opt particles 0 almost always.

(Also, for some reason, when I cap my resolution at 30 on purpose, my ghost travels slower, so I play on 60, no trails, no fluid blood,etc)
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
It's all about how your computer performs. Some people still have pc's that are literally form the 90's and can barely run toribash at all, not even talking about shaders. Graphical lag and slow fps can be fatal in a duel.
My rig can run tb on all maxed out graphics at 60 fps like a treat, while some people have problems with that.
And about what Wolfe said: a ping timeout due to shaders can only occur if your toribash crashes. It has nothing to with your ping at all.
Ping ≠ Graphical lag
Last edited by Karolk; Aug 8, 2013 at 05:04 PM.

if your fps is low i would say "Dont use shaders"
But if the fps is really high you could use shaders

People who joined in toribash 3.99 are used to not having shaders

In my opinion you must choose what you like best )))

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER