Toribash
Original Post
Betting Servers
I was gonna host a betting server and was wondering if anyone had some tips/reminders they would like to give me.
[Team Wushu]
Pm me any questions! I will be happy to help.
  1. keep your betters interested with some trivia or anything really
  2. decapprizes make for larger bets often
  3. If there are no bets, start them off with a small bet of 1k or so.
  4. Don't overprice the nudges. I usually go by 5-10 player=250tc 10-15 players=500tc 15-28players=750-1k tc
That's all the tips I know :o
try to get known by the people, also get some known friends which join your server.
if u have some good and nice people there it will be flooded by players.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
If you want a successful one, make sure you are the one starting to bet on first two frames, keep people interested, you know. Once you do that, less people will actually leave plus there would be more and more high betters especially when you start off with at least 1k+bets.

Before sending a global (if you decide not to do so, it's okay, I've hosted betting servers of like 25+ people without globaling), make sure you got all the basic set up ready which includes /minbet, /maxrake, /owner, /desc, /motd (optional, but make sure you write the most important stuff, not just random shit).

Make sure you do a HBR once in a while but don't do them too often, just when more or less 'famous' / 'skilled' players fight.

With nudges, 15+ people = 500tc, 15- = 250/300tc, don't make nudges 1k, it's better to make them more affordable, that way you will get more people to buy them making more profit

Also do things like promise to do a 10k self bet and get a free nudge to the top or something like that

That' just what I can think off the top of my head, really. I don't think there is anything else you need to know before setting up a basic betting server.

P.S. Make sure you've got the time/attention before hosting it and if you DO host one, look and read the chat carefully, don't be TOO strict, but don't go too easy either. Read whispers, participate in the talk.

That would do I hope :>
[Gangsters] RuBash
[TABD][Team Australia] RIP[Source]
º°À¾Ç Â࿸´°ÀË º°º¸µ ¾ ¸¿° ¾Ä°½° ´¾»¶½Ë ±ËÂÌ ½°¿¸Á°½Ë
° ÜÕÝï ÔÐÖÕ ÝÕ ÒßØáÐÛ, åãØáÐá~Tarlan
Originally Posted by 13ad View Post
what does hbr mean

"Highest bet round" - highest bet gets a prize of some sort, usually a nudge up in the queue.
BAD LUCK
here's another tutorial by ping:

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=437955
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.