Toribash
Original Post
Question about 18+
I turned 18 on June 19 and I heard that after being 18 you have to sign up for something about an "incoming war" ? thats all I heard and they say if you don't register under 30 days you go to jail. Is this true? and what else is there after becoming 18?
It's called the reserve, its only used when the country is in a big war or something. You have nothing to worry about.
Take a look at this.

I'm not sure about going to jail if you don't sign up, but last I heard, you are required to fill out a draft card in the United States.

e: According to leel:

11:21 <&eleeleth> it is a criminal act to not sign up for selective service and you can go to jail for it

So, that's probably correct.
Last edited by box; Jun 21, 2013 at 06:23 PM.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
So you go to jail for not signing up... stupid right? You sign up, you go to war, miss your family/... you dont sign up... you go to jail miss your family forever and dont fight for war....thats kind of blackmailing, they are basically saying, if you dont fight in our war we will put you in prison.
blue
pink
Originally Posted by Kradel View Post
So you go to jail for not signing up... stupid right? You sign up, you go to war, miss your family/... you dont sign up... you go to jail miss your family forever and dont fight for war....thats kind of blackmailing, they are basically saying, if you dont fight in our war we will put you in prison.

Just because you sign up does not mean that you are guaranteed to be drafted. They will only open a draft if there is a serious war going on/about to happen.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
Originally Posted by Kradel View Post

You're aware of conscientious objection, right?
<~suomynona> TITS OR ELEELETH
Sorry about asking another question, but exactly what is this? You have a chance of being drafted and chosen to go into a war? Wtf Is that...
It's something like a preperation or something, like if there's an incoming war, they're already prepared, that's what I heard.
Don't send me PM's, I don't read them.
Originally Posted by smosh023 View Post
It's something like a preperation or something, like if there's an incoming war, they're already prepared, that's what I heard.

That's kind of ridiculous. You should wait until 21 at least.
It's for a reserve, lets say that there is a big war in which the current state of the us military is not enough. In that case they call upon the reserve force, people that are not in the military, but on the call list if something big happens. You can however, opt out of it and make a conscious objection to it due to moral or religious opinions.

At least that's what I got out of it.
<BISH> kick chan my modes are moving on their own~
<Shook> FLAGGOTS