Toribash
Original Post
How does the ranking system work?
Yea, My rank keeps going down even though I keep winning, so I want to know how the ranking system works, so how?
Don't send me PM's, I don't read them.
Lower rank means you are good. Higher rank means you suck. This applies to both mod ranks and global rank.
/me gets confused

(My understanding on English sucks)
But I keep winning, and the value of my rank keeps going up? like
923>1235 something like that.
Why does it keep happening? is there some explanation?
Don't send me PM's, I don't read them.
Toribash use elo rank system. Basically if you get good rank at many mods , then ou play new mod, seriously it'll fucked up your global rank.
This is advance explanation of elo rank *i still not understand though*
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system
:D
For Elo, the higher number the better.

The difference in the ratings between two players serves as a predictor of the outcome of a match. If two players with equal ratings play against each other, they are expected to score an equal number of wins.[2] A player whose rating is 100 points greater than his opponent's is expected to score 64%, if the difference is 200 points the expected score for the stronger player is 76%.[3]

A player's Elo rating is represented by a number, which increases or decreases based upon the outcome of games between rated players. After every game, the winning player takes points from the losing one. The total number of points gained or lost after a game is determined by the difference between the ratings of the winner and loser. In a game between a high-rated player and a low-rated player, the high-rated player is expected to score more points. If the high-rated player wins, only a few rating points will be taken from the low-rated player. However, if the lower rated player scores an upset win, many rating points will be transferred. The lower rated player will also gain a few points from the higher rated player in the event of a draw.

Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
For Elo, the higher number the better.

I think what you quote is not true in toribash. My elo is around 1700 and I usually fight guys with elo 1640. So in your theory I should win them less than 2/3 of the time for rank to go up. Thing is, I have to beat them way more than just 2/3 (let's say 4/5) just to keep my elo around 1700
Originally Posted by JSnuffMARS View Post
I think what you quote is not true in toribash. My elo is around 1700 and I usually fight guys with elo 1640. So in your theory I should win them less than 2/3 of the time for rank to go up. Thing is, I have to beat them way more than just 2/3 (let's say 4/5) just to keep my elo around 1700

This isn't my theory, it's how ELO works.

You won't up your elo by beating people of lower elo, it's different amounts for different elo - a 300 elo losing to a 200 is different to a rank 2000 losing to a rank 1900.
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
This isn't my theory, it's how ELO works.

You won't up your elo by beating people of lower elo, it's different amounts for different elo - a 300 elo losing to a 200 is different to a rank 2000 losing to a rank 1900.

Not in toribash. In what you said elo 1700 vs 1600 2/3... That's just not Toribash proportions. I think hampa said he uses modified elo someplace so yeah. That's not the right proportions what you mentioned.

I know higher elo gives you more pts and takes away less per win / loss than a lower elo, but that's just obvious so that's not the case
In toribash the lower the rank the better if u beat someone with like 180000 rank and u have like 4000 i think it goes up
Basically, you have to win 10 matches in a row for your global rank to go down by 1-2 spots.

If you'll lose one, it'll go up by 10-12.

Elo ranking system is crap, but you'll have to deal with it.
~Rainbow Belt|[Tint]|Rank 32~
\:D/ RAINBOW PANDAAAAA \:D/
~GameMaster|BISH|GameGrad|ORMO|ToriPrime L-Mod~

ZinxGlowToastBondyLoxSwyneErth
[Bsns][Fr3styL][Colon3][One][SyN][Rvng]

Toribash World Championship 2011 Runner Up

<AlphasoniK> Kristis: What the fuck is wrong with you, rainbow loving panda freak.
Seriously, try to piss standing up for a change. No life girly pants dimwit.