Ranking
Original Post
Advanced use of hold/relax
So I've been sure for awhile now that it makes difference on your rotation if you hold or force your joints mid air. For example getting into the position of a long stick while spinning will speed you up you will also kinda loose all of that speed after a few seconds. It makes it impossible to do multiple flips in one jump.
Though by holding all in that position this invisible force seems smaller and you can spin noticeably longer.

I just wanted to know if there's any guide, tutorial or explanation on this to better understand it.
PM me with any and all questions
I'm not the best at tricking, but I find holding all and just contracting a few joints in mid air to make my spins faster.
Last time I checked Toribash where quite good at conserving angular momentum, but gravity of course acts like a friction sometimes if that is what you're aiming at...
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
I'm not the best at tricking, but I find holding all and just contracting a few joints in mid air to make my spins faster.

Glad i'm not the only one.
Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
Last time I checked Toribash where quite good at conserving angular momentum, but gravity of course acts like a friction sometimes if that is what you're aiming at...

Not sure we're talking about the same thing. A similar thing I've actually used to win aikido matches is self-grabbing to slow down mid air.
Here's a replay to show it.
Attached Files
ForcingJoints.rpl (19.2 KB, 19 views)
HoldingJoints.rpl (22.0 KB, 9 views)
Last edited by Hattersin; Dec 19, 2012 at 09:33 PM.
PM me with any and all questions