Ranking
Original Post
For Anyone That Has Played Skyrim Before
Hey people Vontegro here!

So I've recently started playing skyrim again seeing as how I got the dawnguard update just yesterday. Anyway I went to some dwemer ruins and suddenly the dwemer sparked an interest inside me. So I started doing some research and reading the lore from every game on them trying to figure out wehat happened to them.

And that is why I am posting this, I want to start a debate on what you guys think happened to the dwemer. The lore speculates that they were transported to a completely unknown and different dimension but there is no solid proof. At the time of their disappearance one and only one dwemer didn't vanish with them. (I forgot his name sorry) He was busy in another dimension which strengthens the believe that they were transported to another dimension.

If you're interested in the lore then go research it's quite fasinating. I have theory as to where they went, I believe that instead of being transported to another dimension they were teleported physically to another Planet possibly seccundus (One of nirn's moons). I don't have any proof but seeing as how they can't find the dwemer in other dimensions it could be possible that they are in fact on another planet. With the technology they possess it's possible that they inhabited said planet.

Well there you have it, if you're interested then post your theory or criticize mine . If not then meh just ignore all this :P

Cya guys around!
Yagrum Bagarn was the last Dwemer.

The most plausible theories are that all Dwemer were killed, or that they managed to create their own plane of existence.

There are no traces of any Dwemer in any known plane of existence, and only one known survivor (he was not in this plane when the event occurred). That means that Secunda has been scoured, so they don't reside there. Besides how could they suddenly all disappear to Secunda with no trace?

Extinction is the most likely event. That's what you get when you try and extract the power of a god for your own use.
Look at what the tribunal got...
Originally Posted by ImmortalCow View Post
Yagrum Bagarn was the last Dwemer.

The most plausible theories are that all Dwemer were killed, or that they managed to create their own plane of existence.

There are no traces of any Dwemer in any known plane of existence, and only one known survivor (he was not in this plane when the event occurred). That means that Secunda has been scoured, so they don't reside there. Besides how could they suddenly all disappear to Secunda with no trace?

Extinction is the most likely event. That's what you get when you try and extract the power of a god for your own use.
Look at what the tribunal got...

AH that was his name thanks

I suppose it is a wild concept for them to be physically somewhere else but still if they really did go extinct then I'd be disappointed since they seem so interesting and advance. Do you think it's possible that there would be a DLC released revolving around them seeing as how their technology pretty much influenced both daggerfall and morrowind?

Thanks for the reply
Solstheim

Playing Morrowind pretty much gives you all the answers to this question including more.

Sunder and Keening was the dwemers downfall, read more about it.

Also read Chimarvamidium this is one bad ass book about skill and battle.
Yup, Morrowind had quite a lot of the Dwemer lore as part of its story so if you haven't played through it yet then you might want to give it a shot.

As I recall, and put simply, Azura got mad at the dwemer's attempts to attain god powers and wiped them out (/removed them from this dimension). Then she got all melancholy and made the Dark Elves to replace them.
At least, that's how I remember it and it's been forever since I played Morrowind.
Ah I probably should pickup morrowing again, last time I played it was almost what 8 years ago? XD but yeah thanks for the replies.
IMO in Skyrim there's plenty of potential for releasing a time-travel DLC in which the Dovahkiin returns to the time of the elven wars.
Would be neat to see the dwemer up close and personal, seeing how they fought etc.
(Even if all it boils down to is skirmishes of like 10 dudes on each side *cough*Oblivion's "stop the siege machine" quest*cough*)