Toribash
Original Post
Star Wars + Walt Disney = ?
How about a not so deep, emotional topic that ends up in moral and ethical issues or philosophical ideas.

Please, Keep posts to the level suitable for a discussion thread.

So; the news of today, or October 2012, who knows:
http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/30/3...sode-7-in-2015
http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/disn...-lucasfilm-ltd

Thoughts, is this a good thing for the series and the brand?
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
Well, seeing what Disney is doing with the Batman series, the Spider-Man series, and what they did with Iron Man, Captain America, and Thor, I think it'll be good.
Especially now in 2012 when we have so much more technology that let's us do more things in greater detail... Bringing one of the most famous series' back is easily a billion dollar net profit.

Of course, there will always be the die-hard fans that say "It's not like the old ones" but I think that the new series of Star Wars will be stunning.
That mean we going to have a new epic movie. even though i only watch the clone wars Disney make pretty good movies so lets see what happens
[TA]¤[Clan]¤[bncy]¤[eVo]¤[Fish]
¤Team Wushu Tier 5 ¤
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Roses are red, violets are blue, faces like yours belong in the zoo. Don't be mad, I'll be there too. Not in the cage but laughing at you.".

How can you be lost? There is a whole universe to pick from in Star Wars. It's probably a lot bigger than you think, like I mean a lot bigger.

the first 6 movies just barely chipped the ice berg in the Star Wars Universe.

We got Darth Bane, Darth Plagueis, Darth Revan, all these bad asses deserve some movies.

I'm looking forward to this Disney seems to be pulling out some good movies. And still having George Lucas as a Consultant or something seems like a good idea so they hopefully won't warp into something weird.

EDIT

Light saber fights will just be awesome, like the fight between Darth Vader and Obi-Won Kenobi in Episode III, Too choreographed? Well, fuck you.
Last edited by T0ribush; Nov 1, 2012 at 02:06 AM.
It was a little fake... But I believe Disney will do really good with it!
The biggest problem I'd have is different actors playing the main roles.
It'd be okay if they were remaking the first 6, but they're making three new movies, so it'll bother me if there are new actors.
I pretty much agree with everything already said. The Star Wars movie franchise has nothing to lose, and in new hands it has potential. My main concern is what Disney is doing with the video game division of Lucasarts. They've generally made damn good console games and now Disney is focusing them on mobile gaming simply for the profit.
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.
Originally Posted by T0ribush View Post
Light saber fights will just be awesome, like the fight between Darth Vader and Obi-Won Kenobi in Episode III, Too choreographed? Well, fuck you.

But that fight was boring as hell, what are you talking about? On top of it being too choreographed(lel), it lasted way too long(seriously, you don't need 40 minutes of action to advance the story) it lacked any sort of emotion, not only because of the choreography but also because the characters in the prequels are so one-dimensional it makes it impossible to give a crap about either Anakin or Obi Wan.

Fancy lights, perfect choreography and ridiculous settings don't make a good lightsaber fight, just saying.
[T]
<~Phoenix_afk> fu
Walt disney sucks nuts if they make a new star wars with one of the disney characters ima bitch slap them all
[TGS]Natejas: Wow, you have a very nice dong