Toribash
Original Post
Ultimation's Betting Advice
Here, I will NoT give you a tutorial on how to build a good bet server but rather to teach you and provide you with some very useful tips n' tricks to improve your servers.
Feel free to comment and add your suggestions and thoughts.Many of these tips include:

-Making sure that maxclients is more than 12 /maxclients 30, since forgetting this option will lead to failing globals and less people.

-According to my servers, keeping maxclients between 28-->30 players reduces chat lag and chances of ghosting, and I'm still living on 2G internet.

-Maxrake 100000 /maxrake 100000 will increase your rake profit and winning profits for the players. In a case of good bets, this will persuade the players to buy nudges, to get more TC for winning.

-For people who don't have enough TC to buy nudges, accepting items worth at least 1k is a good deal. For example, I received a Toxic Relax for 2 simple nudges, if you're that lucky

-Another betting tip is to bet on the opponent who has the least bets. Most of you already know this but betting on an opponent with less bets then the other will most probably get you more profit, but make sure that it is possible for that person to win, or you'll just be loosing TC.

-Although this sounds extremely stupid, when explaining rules which leads to a mass mute, some newbies and even good players think they are punished and quit the server out of rage and stupidity, so it is helpful to state that you're going to commence a mass mute.

-100TC bets get you almost no profit, unless it was a 10k bet vs you witch would only get you 1k profit in the end.

-Here's a kind of slippery way to avoid complaints of unsent Decap prizes, and to protect your TC and items, when hosting a SMALL bet server, 10-15, around 2 free nudges is a fine decap prize.

-IF someone was to take over your server somehow, do.not.panic. You can find any gm online to re-op you as long as you are the one who created the server, but I'm sure we are smart enough to not fall into these situatuions. If no Gm were to be found online, the IRC is always there to help..

That's all I'm going to reveal for now my fellow hosters, and as I said before feel free to ask, comment, or constructively criticize at anything connected to this thread, try to put in your ideas as well! Good luck!
Last edited by ultimation; Oct 13, 2012 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Add
Art Shop! [TA]<3 [TGO]<3 [r]<3
Ok then.

"Globals" isn't a word, you mean "broadcasts".
You spelled "situatuions" instead of "situations".
"Hosters" isn't a word. You mean "hosts".

3 TC please.
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

Originally Posted by EJM
Ok then.

"Globals" isn't a word, you mean "broadcasts".
You spelled "situatuions" instead of "situations".
"Hosters" isn't a word. You mean "hosts".

Missed one.

Originally Posted by ultimation
unless it was a 10k bet vs you witch would only get you 1k profit

1 TC please.

Originally Posted by zetoxiik
Gj on the thread though

^
Feed the birds, tuppence a bag, tuppence tuppence tuppence a baaaggg
My Avvy/Sig shop
Nice work, but i think you should add different things about scam on the bettings, how to avoid farmed games, what to do if you're kicked while you have active bet.