Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Do you like the new sounds of Toribash 4.0?
Well, i wonder what you thing about the new noises. I wrote it in the
News post, but i would to make a new thread just to know what you think, cause in terms of sounds I liked some of the old sounds more.
My points of view are:
-No screaming and pain sounds from Tori dolls.
-_Dismemberment sounds less hardcore and softer, causing a worse impression on a cool decap replay, or something similar.
-I used to like the FSS sounds that you made when moving body pars fast. You can notice constant FSS sounds one after another in reaplays with acrobatics and cool movements.
-_the "bone breaking effect" when dismembering has gone.
-There are no screams and that sound when you broke the neck I should think is gone too, but they added a very weird breathing noise, witch I don't like at all.

This is just my opinion, i think i will miss the old sounds. Most people will say I have to get used to the new ones, but personally i think the ld sounds gave a special fell to the game. If you don't understand what I say, play one replay on 3.99, then the same replay on 4.0, and it feels less violent.
Last edited by Dimonsix; Sep 6, 2012 at 04:50 PM.
I think the old dismembering sound was a trademark to Toribash.

The new sounds give more of a martial arts feeling to Toribash, and dismemberments sound like an impact on lots of blood.

You can always change the sound files though.
oh yeah
Everything in 4.0 Sounds suck except the dq and your turn sound i mean it sounds like this is some cartoonish fighting game if they gonna take the nice beatiful OW sounds then might as well take the blood from the game
damn im gettin old
I have never personally played toribash with sound on. Sound is overrated. If you don't like it, you can always change it yourself, I believe.

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=39700
Hoss.
The new sounds wont be an issue soon, if you watched the hampa interview you'll already know he's finally planning on releasing the rest of the custom sound items. Then you can be awesome like me.
[note - you wont actually be as awesome as me]

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Skul stop teasing us we know we wont be as awesome as you>.>
But there will be a beta soon that has better sounds?
If that's true, we will have to spend a lot of TC on sounds, which did not use to happen before sound changing.
I don't know, i don't want to search for old sound files and replace them etc.
I simply don't understand why they took away some awesome sounds that were = to saying Toribash.
Yes, im thinking about stepping back to 3.99. Just because of the sounds, i can't stand them. Sorry, but i have to say they suck, the OUH! or the GRDFGG(neck breaking) was too epic, and the new ones sound too simple and the moving sound gave a lot of dinamism.
If you can tell me where I can get 3.99 again... I would apreciate it.
Other that sounds being bad, the other features are quite expensive for me (like joint textures or hair), mod maker don't affect me i guess since i can't make mods, unless it's done for people who can't programme things, and I don't know what the other things do yet.
Last edited by Dimonsix; Sep 6, 2012 at 08:36 PM.
If you want to switch the sounds, just go into the sounds folder in the Toribash directory, copy old sounds, rename them to their respective new sound, profit.
oh yeah
Where can i get 3.99 again? Seriously i can't stand the new sounds... old one were 1000 times better...
Anyway, I think Hampa should have released a pre--release thing and make a poll asking which sounds are best, and put the ones that win, because in my opinion(other people would not think this) sounds and music in games are very imporant, they are what give ambience and essence to a game.
Last edited by Dimonsix; Sep 6, 2012 at 08:43 PM.
Originally Posted by Dimonsix View Post
Where can i get 3.99 again? Seriously i can't stand the new sounds... old one were 1000 times better...
Anyway, I think Hampa should have released a pre--release thing and make a poll asking which sounds are best, and put the ones that win, because in my opinion(other people would not think this) sounds and music in games are very imporant, they are what give ambience and essence to a game.

Originally Posted by pusga View Post
If you want to switch the sounds, just go into the sounds folder in the Toribash directory, copy old sounds, rename them to their respective new sound, profit.

/\
And you don't even have to pay
oh yeah