Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Why do people love Aikido so much?
Aikido Big Dojo mainly.

I just don't get it. I used to love aikido, especially when I started playing Toribash, but now it just seems tedious and repetitive. People seem to fall in love with judo as well.

People always duel in aikido big dojo as well. Why not wushu? Why not lenshu? Why not ninjustu?? D:

Well what do you think? Why do you think people are so in love with aikido?
"Fear not the Tori who has practiced 10,000 openers once, but fear the Tori who has practiced one opener 10,000 times."
Because they love rubbing up against each other...

As for big-gay-dojo... Well if you believe the excuse they use, it's because "it requires more skill". *cough*BULLSHIT*cough*
The reality is that they can't counter shovels/lifts, so they made a new mod. /skill

Aikido in general; it's not a bad mod, though it didn't start getting as popular as it is now until people started making replays & videos with -30 gravity.

If you think back the same thing happened with wushu a couple of years ago.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
ABD is for players that claim to be so pro that they had to have a mod made just for them because they can't counter shovels or lifts.
oh yeah
I like it because its got good game rules, the gravity, a dojo and thats why I like it alot :>
Last edited by Mojo; Sep 1, 2012 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Typo Spelling Mistake
I never sticked to anything other than aikido. Out of 2000 matches, 1900 would be aikido. It's because I like the -30 gravity and prefer throws/turnovers over kicks of tk and wushu.

The biggest reason would be that aikido provides more freedom than any other mod. Taekkyon makes you flap your legs till you win. You can't do anything else. Same goes for wushu. Opponent gets 1 score and you have 0. He runs away and tripods. There is no hope for you.

In aikido, there is always a chance for you to win even if you are in worst condition. I believe this is what makes me love it more than any other mod.
Originally Posted by DaNooB23 View Post
Aikido Big Dojo mainly.

I just don't get it. I used to love aikido, especially when I started playing Toribash, but now it just seems tedious and repetitive. People seem to fall in love with judo as well.

People always duel in aikido big dojo as well. Why not wushu? Why not lenshu? Why not ninjustu?? D:

Well what do you think? Why do you think people are so in love with aikido?

because you can avoid getting dmg in wushu/lenshu/ninjutsu too easy. with just "running" aikdio is there bad... hard to run away and avoid anything. u just need a good really good tori control to not dq and to control your enemy

Originally Posted by EmoTeal View Post
Not exactly true; in my opinion, ABD keeps the fight going longer.

well. always i play ABD the fight goes until frames end. (depends a bit with the enemy)
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Out of the 30k qi between all my accounts, almost none of it is in aikido. I find it to be very boring and repetitive. People will always stick to the same styles, and the only variations that happen are the ones where they set a goal for themselves, i.e. "I wanna flip this fucker", and try to accomplish it. Otherwise, its very boring, at least, in my opinion.

I mainly play Wushu, on account of the grace that is ever-present in it. For me, Wushu is much more enjoyable.
Hoss.
I used to play wushu before I took like a year long break. I looved it. But now, whenever I want to play it it's the same faggoty openers every single time. Don't get me wrong, aikido is like that too. But in aikido, you can use one opener and do a thousand more things with the match than you can with wushu.

Wushu - opener, kick/punch, run.
Aikido - opener, fight/struggle, dq.
Okay so I kind of understand now.

People like it for the -30 gravity and the fact that there is so much contact in Aikido compared to fighting mods with no grab. Since you can grab your opponent from the start, there's no accidental 'running' away from the match. Add in the instant dq to promote last second counters, and you have a mod that is easy to play and I guess hard to master?

I still think fighting mods like lenshu, wushu, and probably ninjutsu (my favorite) offer way more variety in regards to creating your own moves so it's weird to see that most people put aikido over any fighting mod like wushu for example.

I mean, one of the main draws to Toribash is to 'Create Your Own Moves'... right?

Meh.
"Fear not the Tori who has practiced 10,000 openers once, but fear the Tori who has practiced one opener 10,000 times."