Toribash
Original Post
Longboarding?
Just wondering if anyone in the Toribash community is a longboarder?

Me and four other friends started together and are slowly getting better, I ride a Landyachtz 9two5, we also have a loaded tan tien, apex 37 carbon, landyachtz drop speed and a landyachtz switchblade.

So, yeah, anyone from here currently does or has tried it before?

(also, we started about 2 weeks ago and most of us have no board experience except for snowboarding which we do actively in the winter (2 of us) and can do some smaller trickers like shuv-its, manuals and ghost kickflips, a few of us can do fairly good coleman slides and other ones that involve getting lower and using hands, but we mostly carve/commute at around 25 mph. we have a high traffic area that's small and hilly so it's pretty difficult to keep up speeds without getting hit by a car (i've been there about twenty times already) )

My board (9two5)

*Simon's* board, person I snowboard with (apex 37)

*Nick's* board (tan tien)

*Jake's* board (drop speed)

*Khoel's* board (switch)

Yes, we all blew $300(+/~) on our first boards. (Me and Simon have been using "shlongboards" while attempting to buy ours, though. We've all had our boards for about 2 weeks now)
Last edited by Lume; Jun 21, 2012 at 02:18 PM.
Bro skate = more fun
Bro u can buy a skateboard and do tricks , rolling , manuals , all stuff but for me longboarding is boring always the same thing , 7.85 size, perfect to do flip
Smile for me
Originally Posted by Smileyz View Post
Bro u can buy a skateboard and do tricks , rolling , manuals , all stuff but for me longboarding is boring always the same thing , 7.85 size, perfect to do flip

Try going 80 mph downhill on a skateboard and tell me how it goes.
Originally Posted by Lume View Post
Try going 80 mph downhill on a skateboard and tell me how it goes.

It all depends on how well your balance is, at a certain speed.
Oh, and I'd really like to invest in one of these.
[10:19] <~Tim> Why the fuck not, I'm insane :D
[12:06] <~Tim> Frost-Dragon: I bet you're sexy
Ima try this,looks better Than skateboarding
[TA]¤[Clan]¤[bncy]¤[eVo]¤[Fish]
¤Team Wushu Tier 5 ¤
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Roses are red, violets are blue, faces like yours belong in the zoo. Don't be mad, I'll be there too. Not in the cage but laughing at you.".

Originally Posted by Frost-Dragon View Post
It all depends on how well your balance is, at a certain speed.
Oh, and I'd really like to invest in one of these.

Balance does have a huge factor in it or else you're going to get speed wobbles for sure but it's pretty much impossible to hit anything over 45~ mph on a skateboard and still be going fine.

*Also, me and a few friends were going longboarding the other day down the main highway and we managed to go around 35mph because we had to stop for a few cars, but after that we cruised for a good 2 minutes on flat ground from the speed we got.
@lume, that all sounds pretty sweet ^_~
I managed to get up to around 50 going down a small hill.
I got a little wobbly for a second or two, but after that it was a pretty great feeling.
I hate living in Texas -_-
My loaded Dervish but I have Bear Grizzlie 852's and Beast Fireballs wheels.

Here's me doing I think it was a pop shuvit or some shit.

Last edited by Savyor; Jun 23, 2012 at 09:39 PM.