Toribash
Original Post
Dota 2 Vs LoL Vs Blizzard Dota
There has been alot of discussion about this subject but i have no seen it here yet

Intro and Info about Dota:
Dota was the original mod that started LoL, HoN, Bloodline Champions, Demigod etc.
Dota was never a its own game it was a mod in someone elses game (warcraft 3).
But Dotas design came from the original starcraft yes, starcraft was the actual game that made it all happen they made the mod so that you would control 1 character and have an army on your side to take down the opposing teams base. The problem about this mod that starcraft had is that..........no body played it. Dota was created by 3 moderators all i know is that 1 of them is Icefrog. From what i hear LoL was designed by Riot games and they hired the original 2 moderators (who i cant remember) to help them in the development but Icefrog was hired by Valve to create an unknown project which they announced was Dota 2. The problem with all this is that all the 3 companies Valve,Riot games and Blizzard want to by the product name for the original dota. Valve wants to call it Action RTS, Riot games call it MOBA or multiplayer online battle arena and Blizzard just want it to be Dota.
Apparently from what i have heard if Valve bought the product name they then have the power to shut the original Dota down or if there nice enough to change the name. Some people didnt know that icefrog was also hired to help with HoN as well. The one thing that can't be settled about is........Who actually owns DotA?
is it blizzard? because it was the mod for their game
is it Riot Games? because they have the 2 people who first created DotA in the first place?
or is it Valve? since Icefrog was the one to make Dota For what it is.

now to the real deal: THE GAMES
i for one like Dota and LoL but DotA got a little old for me and when i heard about LoL i gave it a try and i still play it today i think it is great. On the other hand i looked over at DotA 2 which looked 10 times better because it had the original characters and gameplay and this time it had a Tutorial. The thing that worries me about Dota 2 is that it looks a little......complicated, but the graphics look great alot of people didnt relise that Blizzard was also going to make a DotA or MOBA based game but they have been struggling and there is no release date i have heard that it to will be a mod but for Starcraft.
But overall in my opinion i still might stick with LoL for awhile because Dota 2 looks great and all but the gameplay of it is a very fast and complicated if you go look for Dota 2 gameplay you will know what i mean and im not even gonna bother with blizzard DotA they dont have any of the original mods from Dota to help them plus the trailer looks stupid =p but thats my opinion

So guys? what are your opinions about these games? will you quit LoL for DotA 2? Will you go back to the original DotA? or Will you stick with LoL? or have acrack at blizzard dota =p
One does not simply question the Afro
i'm sticking to LoL for now, I didn't play dota 2 but from what I saw it does have good graphics but the movements look unatural and that bothers me
in LoL the attack animations look more smooth.

and blizzard dota looks bad
Last edited by Kat; Apr 10, 2012 at 08:13 PM.
im good at league
i barely ever check this forum anymore, to reach me go to my twitter
also the graphics for lol may be kiddish but dota 2 wont handle all those shit pcs thats why LoL is such a success because people with shit pcs (like mine =p) can still play LoL and not have much trouble but when i tryed HoN my computer was so laggy.......... also LoL is alot more simple since you didnt play DotA they had a system wer you would have to put everything into last hitting minions and killing your own to deny the gold and xp points im not gonna lie that 1 element of the game was the hardest to master that and no tutorial :S
LoL is close to perfection all they need is afk bots i would not go to Dota 2 or another MOBA game
Last edited by Afropr0; Apr 10, 2012 at 08:19 PM.
I've been playing the original DotA on W3 and it was pretty cool. Then I've heard about HoN, but I did not play it. Then I dowloaded LoL and, well, I am playing it to this day. Haven't tried Dota2 and HoN and I probably won't - LoL is enough for me. ^^
Originally Posted by cocacobra View Post
FALSE
it did NOT originate from starcraft
it was created in Warcraft 3 (not sure if it was Frozen Throne or not).
I completely agree with Kat, the movement in Dota 2 is weird and seems very odd. When attacking it's hard to even see the splash, pretty much it's just DoTA's art that makes me like LoL better. Also being able to upgrade your stats in DoTA is kind of lame, the whole idea is to get a build to cover low mana/hp/atk damage.
Also, im pissed that blizzard would spend time on this shit project rather than warcraft 4, which would be such a good idea.

i agree with you there but not the first part the IDEA of Dota came from a mod in starcraft the only reason its not known is because it wasnt well known only few people like 60 maybe less knew about it, so therefore it does kind of originate from starcraft mod because without that mod there would be no DotA and no MOBA genre
Originally Posted by cocacobra View Post
being able to upgrade your stats in DoTA is kind of lame, the whole idea is to get a build to cover low mana/hp/atk damage.
Also, im pissed that blizzard would spend time on this shit project rather than warcraft 4, which would be such a good idea.

Stats allow for more variation of gameplay styles, you play how you want to.
you learn stats instead of a spell in favor of gameplay style.
how it is a stupid idea is beyond me. it balances it out if anything.

and warcraft 4 will never happen, thats the whole point of world of warcraft.

Im a warcraft 3 dota fan, couldnt stand HoN or LoL and will probably hate dota2 and blizz dota.
the reason dota works is because its a warfract map, the game mechanics just feel right, new games dont have that feeling and dota will never be recreated effectively.
90% of dota2 players come back to warcraft dota because it plays better.
and 90% of LoL players have never played and will never play dota.
and im fine with that, the fact that i can laugh my way around the game, never having played it and with internet lag, and still come out with a respectable score, makes me laugh at the calibre of players.
that game is so noob friendly, its ridiculous.

i pity those who grew up without warcraft 3
Last edited by BenDover; Apr 10, 2012 at 10:31 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
and 90% of LoL players have never played and will never play dota.

if i had it, i would play it, cause i've known for a while that LoL was based on dota but since i dont have it, i cant play it. :<
THIS WAS ORIGINALLY THE WORST SIGNATURE EVER, FOR YOUR SAKE IT WAS FIXED. ~ Vox
im the other 10% i have played DotA LoL is just easier and my warcraft 3 dont work no more
Now I'm playing LOL and Dota2. And Dota2 is more interesting and difficult than LoL for me. And more beautiful ofc.