Toribash
Original Post
What's the hardest weight lifting exercise?
By this I mean, what's the thing that would require the most amount of strength, or the least amount of weight lifted with maximum effort?

As in my max deadlift is 250, max bench press is 160, max overhead press is 120, the overhead press is what Im considering the most difficult because i'm putting in the same amount of effort as the other two, but lifting the least amount of weight doing it.

So far, the hardest thing I've found is holding a weight directly in front of you, arm fully extended, with palm facing the ground. I can only hold 25 pounds doing that with one arm - but idk if there's something more challenging, and would like to know.

Also nothing crazy like one finger deadlifts.

Meanwhile bruce lee could do that with 125 pounds with one arm what the fuck
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
squatting while bench pressing while deadlifting while over head pressing while farmer's lifting

i do this every night with your son
Mosier: tl;dr gay clothing thoughts
Originally Posted by vespesi3n View Post
squatting while bench pressing while deadlifting while over head pressing while farmer's lifting

i do this every night with your son

THATS WHERE MY SON HAS BEEN SNEAKING OUT TO?

I couldnt be more proud of him.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Depends what muscle group you're talking about, how long you've been training said group and weight. Arguably with enough weight anything is very hard. High rep deadlifts and heavy squats are pretty fuckin' hard.
Originally Posted by sireal View Post
High rep deadlifts and heavy squats are pretty fuckin' hard.

did you read what i even said
-----
let me try to rephrase

what exercise causes you to lift the least amount of weight for the maximum amount of effort
Last edited by 2worlds; Apr 7, 2012 at 07:04 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
As I said depends on what muscle group, you're using a different set of muscles for overheard press than the others. If you did that a lot more and the others less it'd be different.
Originally Posted by 2worlds View Post
As in my max deadlift is 250, max bench press is 160, max overhead press is 120

pounds or KG? i find it difficult to believe youre doing that in kgs

anyway, ontopic
i find most dumbbell exercises to be difficult as fuck.(besides bicep curls ofc)
chest press, shoulder press, laterals and lateral press.
my arms wobble all over the place, especially further down the reps, and they stretch you more and generally make life a whole lot more difficult

i find bars and rails give alot more guidance, i could bench press alot more than i could dumbell chest press.
so ya, freeweight versions of anything would be more of a challenge.

in general, shoulder areas are alot more difficult because they dont get worked as much as other major muscle groups and generally dont get used as much as say the biceps or pecs
Last edited by BenDover; Apr 8, 2012 at 08:49 AM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
pounds or KG? i find it difficult to believe youre doing that in kgs

anyway, ontopic
i find most dumbbell exercises to be difficult as fuck.(besides bicep curls ofc)
chest press, shoulder press, laterals and lateral press.
my arms wobble all over the place, especially further down the reps, and they stretch you more and generally make life a whole lot more difficult

i find bars and rails give alot more guidance, i could bench press alot more than i could dumbell chest press.
so ya, freeweight versions of anything would be more of a challenge.

in general, shoulder areas are alot more difficult because they dont get worked as much as other major muscle groups and generally dont get used as much as say the biceps or pecs

yeah pounds, im an americano
Roughly 112 kg deadlift, 70 kg bench press, and 55 kg overhead lift

Also I agree with the dumbbell thing, I can bench 150 with a barbell but when I tried two 50s with dumbbells I couldnt do it, it was weird, but I was like w/e.

And the shoulder thing explains the whole holding a weight directly in front of you, because after I did it my shoulders wanted to cry.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
I lifted the cereal box out of the cupboard once.

Freshman year when I worked out my max was like 150lbs, thats my normal now and I don't do anything. I have to start working out next semester again, then I'll see how high I can go.
<Swyne> <3 Fleip
<3 SWYIE