Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
HOLY CRAP, MY FIRST SONG!
Guys, you seriously need to check this dubstep choon I made today. I will thank any protips.

Kinda sounds like some Quartus Saul-ish stuff at the drop. I dunno why, maybe because of the drum pattern and the zawesome talking bass I got from a free NI Massive pack.

Well, here ya go: http://www.mediafire.com/?lklnqfrxpvkbb49
Snipin' is a good job, mate!
Soundcloud is good

Here's a tip, trim your bass drums. Cut off the taill, they sound better. Overall this song wasn't terrible, I liked the feel and the basses were nice and unique, and didn't lack sub bass. Needs better eq and compression, the transitions kinda suck. Get better drum samples.

EDIT: ASDHFJGKJDS don't use presets from anyone else except for you. Hdfjdsdhfdju. Or doxxy, he makes nice presets and we share presets quite a bit.

And cut down on the reverb. Reverb =/= insta-proffesional
Last edited by SlyBash; Mar 21, 2012 at 12:09 AM.
I really wish people would stop making dubstep and try some different genres; dubstep gets bad and boring after you've heard basically the same thing every time.
teeth marks on my goosebumps, the chains frostbit me.
Originally Posted by Mwah View Post
I really wish people would stop making dubstep and try some different genres; dubstep gets bad and boring after you've heard basically the same thing every time.

I'm planning to make glitch hop, drumstep, dnb and electro house.
-----
Originally Posted by SlyBash View Post
Soundcloud is good

Here's a tip, trim your bass drums. Cut off the taill, they sound better. Overall this song wasn't terrible, I liked the feel and the basses were nice and unique, and didn't lack sub bass. Needs better eq and compression, the transitions kinda suck. Get better drum samples.

EDIT: ASDHFJGKJDS don't use presets from anyone else except for you. Hdfjdsdhfdju. Or doxxy, he makes nice presets and we share presets quite a bit.

And cut down on the reverb. Reverb =/= insta-proffesional

Kay, I need to know how to use equalizing and compression, and also how to make better transitions/build ups.

I'm sorry about the preset part, but it sounded cool as fuck. And thanks for the reverb tip, but... Does it mean I can't use it anywhere?
Last edited by MrKapow; Mar 22, 2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Reverb is okay in moderation. If yu can pull it off, I respect you. But reverb tends to water down basses and drums, along with everything else. Delay, however, is a lot easier to pull of. Just never put anything on the master input except for compression
Sound seems too distorted, not a huge fan myself. Nothing to unique about it, but still not bad. Nice album art though.
Originally Posted by MrKapow View Post
I'm planning to make glitch hop, drumstep, dnb and electro house.

Okay, what I meant to say was you should try an instrument instead of making 'zoop' noises on a computer and calling it music.
Okay, what I meant to say was you should try an instrument instead of making 'zoop' noises on a computer and calling it music.

Assuming dubstep is composed of a series of 'zoop' noises, and mono toned electronic 'beeps'. There's alot that goes into making these songs. Anyone can generalize an instrument, and making dubstep is no less harder than sucking on a wooden flute or slapping plastic drums.
I know this by experience, I played concert trumpet for 5 years, and took guitar lessons for 2, continued playing for 4 and still going. I Have yet to compose a half decent dubstep composition, even after trying countless times.

Are you hating on something that is considered music too?

If you're calling a part of EDM music random "zoop" noises instead of music , then you have a lot to learn about music. Acoustic music is not the only kind of music now. Wake up from your dream.
-----

Originally Posted by SlyBash View Post
Reverb is okay in moderation. If yu can pull it off, I respect you. But reverb tends to water down basses and drums, along with everything else. Delay, however, is a lot easier to pull of. Just never put anything on the master input except for compression

Okay. I only use reverb for leads and stuff like that.

Any tips in how to use the Fruity Compressor?
Last edited by MrKapow; Mar 22, 2012 at 08:13 PM.
Originally Posted by JayStar View Post
Assuming dubstep is composed of a series of 'zoop' noises, and mono toned electronic 'beeps'. There's alot that goes into making these songs. Anyone can generalize an instrument, and making dubstep is no less harder than sucking on a wooden flute or slapping plastic drums.
I know this by experience, I played concert trumpet for 5 years, and took guitar lessons for 2, continued playing for 4 and still going. I Have yet to compose a half decent dubstep composition, even after trying countless times.

Hello friend. I did not say that it was more or less harder than playing an instrument. I'm implying it is over done these days. Oh, and maybe you just kind of suck at that genre. I mean, I know people who can work in frooty lopz for 10 minutes and make a 'good' dubstep or dnb or whatever you prefer to call it.

Originally Posted by MrKapow View Post
Are you hating on something that is considered music too?

If you're calling a part of EDM music random "zoop" noises instead of music , then you have a lot to learn about music. Acoustic music is not the only kind of music now. Wake up from your dream.

That has nothing to do with my knowledge with music in-general. And I didn't say acoustic music was the only kind of music. Why are you pointing out random things that I didn't say?