Toribash
Original Post
My mouse is derping around.
My wireless mouse receiver isn't recognised by my laptop. I've put fresh batteries in the mouse and it still wont work.

The above picture is from Device Manager obviously, and one of the solutions i've found on the web is to uninstall the devices under USB controllers. What does this do? Are any of these important?
I made this thread last night, I didn't give much info huh. I'm using Windows 7 and a Logitech M215 mouse. I've had the mouse for a while and it's worked fine, just plug it in and away I go. When it didn't go I tried different USB ports and became quite frustrated, so I moved it around alot, and from what I've read this could lead to the USB ports becoming inactive. I'm looking to reset the USB ports by uninstalling the things under USB controllers (the drop down menu you see in the pic). I'm just worried that the Intel Series 5 Chipset things could be of importance.
Do you have another mouse that works in your laptop to make sure it's not a direct problem of the USB ports themselves?

If not, check out this troubleshooting page. http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/...is-not-working

If none of your mouses are becoming recognized I'd try and see if you're missing any windows updates as I've had problems similar to this and it was such a simple fix.

Sorry if I couldn't be of any help to you, good luck though.
The ports do work, I've had two wired mouses in here recently, my HDD and flash drives. I've used fresh batteries as well. I've been on the Logitech website too, and downloaded the reconnection utility. It only works sometimes.

Thanks for your help though Lume. Also hi.
If it's just the mouse alone that's not working/being recognized, check the actual cable/connector quality. I know that sometimes even a small cut through the wire can cause a mouse to more or less diminish it's life.