Toribash
Original Post
Are these specs good enough for gaming?
Hello guys.
I would like to know if the following PC specs are good enough for gaming, and by gaming I mean mostly the bigger games... I'm not too familiar with graphic cards and such, so I was wondering if I'd be able to get help from people who know quite enough about PCs.

Here are the specs :
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- Intel Core TM, i5-2430M Processor 2.40 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.00 GHz
- 4 GB DDR3 SDRAM
- 500 HDD (Serial ATA, 7200 rpm)
- AMD Radeon TM HD 6630M (SPEED MODE) / Inter HD Graphics 3000 (STAMINA MODE)
- 14-inch wide (VAIO Display, LED backlight)

Thanks
Last edited by EJM; Mar 5, 2012 at 10:03 PM.
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

Let me see.....

OS:OK! I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bits and it works well. I just don't know what 64 bits has of different from 32 bits.
Processor: Looks good. Better than mine. You can upgrade to a I7 if you want.
RAM: Same of mine. Good RAM.
HDD: Good. Lots of space.
Graphics Card: Is this a Note Book? Because I don't understand this graphics card. If this is a Desktop, Upgrade to HD6870 if you want power. But get ready, 550W Minimum Power Supply. But It runs all. Including BattleField 3
Monitor: I play with a 21,5. look for 23 inches if you want big screens. Don't forget Full HD
"N00b clap works too properly for being called a n00b move."
Originally Posted by torikill10 View Post
Let me see.....

OS:OK! I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bits and it works well. I just don't know what 64 bits has of different from 32 bits.

While 64 bit operating systems are faster and offer more options, 32 bit operating systems are more compatible with software and hardware, although more hardware and software is becoming more compatibile with 64 bit operating systems... So it really comes down to which you think is more suitable to your computer.
Regent101's old account.
That GFX card is a bit old, but it'll run most recent games at medium settings (Unless that TM stands for something. I looked into AMD Radeon HD 6630M). Other than that, everything else looks nice.

A good test is to go to System Requirements Lab's Can You Run It?. Check your system against some recent games. Battlefield 3 for example, since it's quite demanding. Also try Crysis, since it's very demanding for an old game.
Righto, thanks for your help guys

I will definitely try that site 4zb41.

But the concern I'm having, is that I'm able to handle bigger games like a dream, but some smaller ones like minecraft (I know it takes a lot, but even while setting distance to normal, enabling openGL, making the priority high through the task manager, it's still slightly laggy, not too big a deal, but still a bit confusing).

Your help is appreciated
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.