Toribash
Original Post
Question...
Am I the only person who thinks that qi buying and account buying is destroying the community.

I understand account selling has stopped somewhat.

but there's still the qi buying.

What's the point of working for a to be custom belt when after all that work some new kid just buys it.
You are not the only one who thinks Qi buying is ruining everything.
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=308517
There was this whole flame discussion on this.
And you know what is funny about this? Mostly only old fags complain about this.
Last edited by Hero; Feb 15, 2012 at 09:44 AM.
JustinLol, I'm glad to see that more people are standing up for what's right.

Basically, if you want an explanation, the story begins with hampa, creating something called belts, the belt increases when you play more games and the purpose of the belt was to show off your skills and be rewarded with honor for all of the games that you've played.

.. Wait what? .. but .. buying the belt, doesn't that ruin any purpose there was of even having belt in the first place? It's almost like.. it's 100% and entirely just a tool for you people to make money. You made belts worthless, WORTHLESS, you should be ashamed of your actions.

...why did you do this? ..Why? The answer is: MONEY MONEY MONEY. So what? Did you think that you could get away with our money, the belt would be ruined and it would be a win - win? I honestly don't know if Toribash is increasing in members but fk me if it's not decreasing heavily in quality.
piratez
Yep i agree with this lets take a clan for example.You could be recruiting some one thats like custom belt but they have the expereince of a yellow belt so when they join the lobby and you are recruiting them you will be like can you please play proplerly then they will most likely come of with some excuse like i haven't played the game for 3 years.
Don't like it, don't buy it.
You can't just think of it as people buying belts, you have to think of it as NABI getting a bit more income in order to keep the game up and running for the rest of us.
And, as has previously been mentioned, it's pretty easy to tell if they have done it.
In addition to your points about belts being worthless, they pretty much were already.
Since the community expanded, you get some naturally skilled people arising by blue belt and some still bad people at master belt just because they played a lot.
As the the decrease in quality, i don't even know how to address such a ridiculous point.
"decreasing the quality" how may i ask?
The game is the same, if you ask me the quality of playing has on average increased (and with it the number of whiney ass whipes), siku has told me that many a time, and the game is still roughly the same, if it's the people that ruin the game for you then just dont play with them, or just leave seeing as your petty enough to let something like that bother you.
Furthermore to all of this, few people actually buy QI due to the amount of stigma attached to it.
If you're judging people when joining a clan on belt alone then you really haven't done your research at all and it shows a weak clan.
Seriously people, stop complaining, sit back down, and enjoy the game god damnit.
No offences intended in any of this, i simply think people complaining about stuff ruining the game like this need to put it into perspective and learn what constitutes as a "ruined" game.
Last edited by Erth; Feb 15, 2012 at 11:55 AM.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
Well it has the good side too,for people who hang out in forums,especially market section.
Look at missuse.He's probably the best marketer ever,and he bought qi so he could Buy and sell High-qi items.
Sometimes it's business,sometimes it's just about some richfags who are too lazy to gain their belt.
Last edited by Dad; Feb 15, 2012 at 12:25 PM.
WON THORN'S TOURNEY
Is it hurting you?
no, why fix it if its not broken?

its not hurting you, its not hurting the community. what hurts the community is people who find something to complain about at every turn.

some users simply dont like that theyr restricted to private servers and whatever rooms their belt limits them to. or what joints theyr limited to by their belt. or how people percieve them with having low Qi.

True, some people buy because theyr lazy, or too look cool, but everyone does stuff to look cool. might as well complain that textures and items are useless and are therefor killing the community.

nothing to complain about, so dont complain.

as to insinuating that hampa is a greedy money crazed asshole, you try making a profit off a free game, where the amount of people that actually spend real money are in the minority because the same items can be bought with ingame currency. we dont have annoying adverts on the forum, the staff are fair, work for free and you complain that its all about the money?

and within those that spend real money, those that buy Qi hardly make up a fraction.
Last edited by BenDover; Feb 15, 2012 at 12:32 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
I actually LIKE it, but of course i didn't buy. Buying qi is one of the most things that keeps this game up and running. Yeah, like Erth ;) said, don't like it, don't buy it.
|OoT Member|ORMO Member|OSHI Member|RSO Teacher|MMO Member|
|Prince of Darkness|Leader of the the Fallen|Fallen Angel|
Question...
Am I the only one who thinks that people whining about anything and everything is destroying the community.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Bitch bitch, whinge whinge. QI buying doesn't equate to better ranks, only different servers & items. A sucky player will still suck blah blah.

FFS how many times is this going to be brought up? QI's been for sale a lot longer than it's been in the shop.

Seriously, at least find something original to baww about.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you