Toribash
pretty decent, nothing wrong with the parts build.
would splurge a bit on the graphics a bit tho.
6850 would have been my choice of card 6 months ago, surely you're not expected to have the same options from then? its a pity that the 560ti's are still 240$+
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
First I had the Geforce GTX 550TI on there, but looked at this and realized the 6850 would be the better deal. I might go for the GeForce GTX 560 Ti though.
the 6850 is a great card, especially for its price.

its powerfull enough that it will last, but cheap enough that you wont hurt too much if you feel the need to upgrade it. Thats where AMD/ATI kill nvidia.

you wont be dissapointed.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Yeah, I have a 6850, and I'm able to run most graphically demanding games at decent framerates.

Only problem I have with the build might be the power supply, seems a little cheap for a 750w. Just make sure not to skimp out on it as it is one of the most important parts of your computer. But if you checked and made sure it was of decent quality, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
hi
I could tell you a build that runs all games on high detail and can get 180 fps (but I cap it to 60). It costs £300, unsure about Dollars, if you want to know just say, but it uses AMD parts and I know what you mean about trouble with them, I'm currently building a Intel only PC with Nvidea graphics :S
Originally Posted by souldevilj View Post
I could tell you a build that runs all games on high detail and can get 180 fps (but I cap it to 60). It costs £300, unsure about Dollars, if you want to know just say, but it uses AMD parts and I know what you mean about trouble with them, I'm currently building a Intel only PC with Nvidea graphics :S

For £300 I don't think you'd be able to get a build anything close to being able to run new demanding games on full settings even near 30 frames..

As for the OP GPU choice, the 6850 is a great card (i had a 6870 which is just a bit more powerful) and so is the 560 ti. The 560 ti is more powerful and will last longer and will overall be able to get pretty noticeable framerate increase from the 6850 but if you're tight on money then go with the 6850. Both are great cards, money and what brand you want comes in to play more though.
Originally Posted by Lume View Post
For £300 I don't think you'd be able to get a build anything close to being able to run new demanding games on full settings even near 30 frames..

As for the OP GPU choice, the 6850 is a great card (i had a 6870 which is just a bit more powerful) and so is the 560 ti. The 560 ti is more powerful and will last longer and will overall be able to get pretty noticeable framerate increase from the 6850 but if you're tight on money then go with the 6850. Both are great cards, money and what brand you want comes in to play more though.

Im afraid you can Take my best friends PC for example, £326 for him to buy the parts, it runs Battlefield 3 and Skyrim at 120 frames. Ill ask him for a list of his parts when I see him next. He is a very.. PC nerdy person >.<
Originally Posted by souldevilj View Post
Im afraid you can Take my best friends PC for example, £326 for him to buy the parts, it runs Battlefield 3 and Skyrim at 120 frames. Ill ask him for a list of his parts when I see him next. He is a very.. PC nerdy person >.<

Any decent GPU alone would cost more then half of £326 (don't know rates that well for currency) and then you still have the power supply, processor and HDD.

Especially at 120 frames running BF3 or Skyrim that's impossible, top end PC's that cost around 1200$ ~ (custom built, not that pre-made bullshit from local stores) may not even get close to 100 frames maxed.