Toribash
Original Post
Why Tori falls to the side?
In SP when you don't press anything and just press "P". The tori stays relaxed and just falls to the floor in a completely symmetrical manner, no disturbances.

So why does it fall to the side instead of straight backwards, symmetrically? Anyone know?
My heart just wouldn't be in it, you know? haven't got one.
Probably because you messed with the gravity.
<Marco> and then Oblivion tried to sexually assault me
<Oblivion> and Marco wasn't surprised at all
Try it. This is default settings. Nothing changed. Pretty sure it happens to everyone.
It doesn't happen to me. Tori just sits down peacefully (not on sides). A bug maybe. Would help if you can upload a screenshot.
That is not what he means.

He means this:

Tori Falling

And the reason this happens is because the tori is not completely symmetrical, I remember someone mentioning this before, if you simply do the same move through a replay parser but replace left with right and vise versa, the move will not turn out the same. This is because the way it is calculated it is not perfectly symmetrical.

Also note: when you do the 'relaxed fall' uke sits down, but tori falls on his back.

I also heard someone mention that uke's moves will not translate perfectly over to tori and some mention of uke's feet being thicker than tori's.

All in all, they are simply not perfectly symmetrical, nor are uke and tori perfectly the same.
Last edited by AgentP; Jan 14, 2012 at 03:27 AM.
Thedevill:im 20 years
Thedevill:i have better to do
Originally Posted by AgentP View Post

He means this:

Tori Falling

And the reason this happens is because the tori is not completely symmetrical, I remember someone mentioning this before, if you simply do the same move through a replay parser but replace left with right and vise versa, the move will not turn out the same. This is because the way it is calculated it is not perfectly symmetrical.

Also note: when you do the 'relaxed fall' uke sits down, but tori falls on his back.

I also heard someone mention that uke's moves will not translate perfectly over to tori and some mention of uke's feet being thicker than tori's.

All in all, they are simply not perfectly symmetrical, nor are uke and tori perfectly the same.

This^^

Tori and Uke have minor differences. If you look you look close enough, you'll notice that Uke's feet are bigger than tori's

Are you an artist and want to make a decent amount of TC? Check out this thread.
This small amount of imperfection is tolerable as it doesn't affect the gameplay. But it's interesting.
Originally Posted by Akmal View Post
This small amount of imperfection is tolerable as it doesn't affect the gameplay. But it's interesting.

well actually, it does. it prevents people from doing the EXACT same move. (you can still do it, but i believe uke has the ''winning side'' then.)

anyhow, it doesnt really matter because in real life its the same. not every fighter is equal. (not that it matters seeing as its a game... but you catch my drift.)
Originally Posted by AgentP View Post

He means this:

Tori Falling

Thought It might be something like that. But I always thought for sure that Tori/Uke were equal. Thanks.